• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

PPF/XPEL on a Dark Horse - hood decal issues??

CT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500
Who can share photos of their Dark Horse hood with PPF installed?

I am considering an XPEL PPF but the decals on the DH hood poise a problem. Do you do one solid piece of XPEL gloss for a more seamless look and risk the matte finish of the decals look glossy? Or have the shop try and piecemeal their gloss and satin options on the hood.

would love to see a picture of someone that did gloss over the top of the decal and your opinion of the look.

Thanks!
Sponsored

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Who can share photos of their Dark Horse hood with PPF installed?

I am considering an XPEL PPF but the decals on the DH hood poise a problem. Do you do one solid piece of XPEL gloss for a more seamless look and risk the matte finish of the decals look glossy? Or have the shop try and piecemeal their gloss and satin options on the hood.

would love to see a picture of someone that did gloss over the top of the decal and your opinion of the look.

Thanks!
Have a look at this video where Schmee discussed what he did.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '00 Corvette
My installer put on a clear finish then cut out the area with the decals, coating those with a matte finish of Revivify. I was very pleased with his work.

433654151_935490711675427_1608154057906210467_n.jpg
Sponsored