• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Magneride Delaying Build?

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I placed my order on 12/6/23. I am currently scheduled for a build the week of 3/25/24.
I have seen "similar" orders placed well after mine get built before mine. The only thing I have not been able to eliminate as the cause of the delay is Magneride.
My dealer said there were plenty of Mustang allocations and I went in with a priority of 5 which was raised 3 weeks ago. My dealer has three large Ford/Lincoln dealerships in Central Florida.
Complete build in my signature.

UPDATE: After reviewing a similar thread back in mid-Feb, the general consensus was that BOTH the DH & GT "with the Performance Pack" are not built or scheduled from 12/1 thru 3/1 due to the tires. It's not just the Trefeo tires on the DH. It apparently applies to the Pirelli PZero tires on the GT with the PP. The tires are "Summer Only" and are not recommended to be mounted or used below 40 degrees.
As some orders with the GT PP are already in Production, I must assume the order stack is not FIFO but FILO.
BTW: Ford Marketing Program HQ was no help. They had less info than I did.
Sponsored

Last edited:

S650Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Silverado, '21 Grand Cherokee L, '24 Mustang
I don't think magneride is delaying your build. My build also has magneride and is currently in production.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think magneride is delaying your build. My build also has magneride and is currently in production.
Thanks for your build information.
Then, I'm still at a loss as to why my build is so late.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Thanks for your build information.
Then, I'm still at a loss as to why my build is so late.
I think your dealer gave you a crappy priority code. I know you have been waiting for awhile, hopefully it goes through production smoothly.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think your dealer gave you a crappy priority code. I know you have been waiting for awhile, hopefully it goes through production smoothly.
Priority of 5 is almost as high as they can go. I believe the limit is 3. I saw "5" on the order printout they gave me.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Priority of 5 is almost as high as they can go. I believe the limit is 3. I saw "5" on the order printout they gave me.
I thought you had a lower one, I may be confusing it with someone else who posted back when you ordered.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought you had a lower one, I may be confusing it with someone else who posted back when you ordered.
The dealer supposedly raised my priority two weeks ago. I believe "3" is as high as they can go.

theMANIMAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLURD
I placed my order on 12/6/23. I am currently scheduled for a build the week of 3/25/24.
I have seen "similar" orders placed well after mine get built before mine. The only thing I have not been able to eliminate as the cause of the delay is Magneride.
My dealer said there were plenty of Mustang allocations and I went in with a priority of 5 which was raised 3 weeks ago. My dealer has three large Ford/Lincoln dealerships in Central Florida.
Complete build in my signature.
My guess is it’s the PP. We ordered about two weeks after you and our build date is 3/18/2024 (original email said 3/25/2024, so they bumped us up a week). We ordered the following: GT 301A, 6sp, PP, AVE, Atlas Blue.
Unless you work for Ford in scheduling though, who knows

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My guess is it’s the PP. We ordered about two weeks after you and our build date is 3/18/2024 (original email said 3/25/2024, so they bumped us up a week). We ordered the following: GT 301A, 6sp, PP, AVE, Atlas Blue.
Unless you work for Ford in scheduling though, who knows
I just updated my original post concluding that.

MidLifeManifustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Convertible, 21 Explorer ST
UPDATE: After reviewing a similar thread back in mid-Feb, the general consensus was that BOTH the DH & GT "with the Performance Pack" are not built or scheduled from 12/1 thru 3/1 due to the tires. It's not just the Trefeo tires on the DH. It apparently applies to the Pirelli PZero tires on the GT with the PP. The tires are "Summer Only" and are not recommended to be mounted or used below 40 degrees.
Mine is a GT PP with P-Zeros and was built and shipped in mid Feb. I believe the “no GTs with PP in winter” info you found only applies to the earlier model year PPL2 option, which had Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires.

(Sorry to bust that particular algorithm for making sense of the delay.)

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is a GT PP with P-Zeros and was built and shipped in mid Feb. I believe the “no GTs with PP in winter” info you found only applies to the earlier model year PPL2 option, which had Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires.

(Sorry to bust that particular algorithm for making sense of the delay.)
Thanks for the info. However, I'm still looking for Ford's scheduling logic. Perhaps it's a Crap game. Perhaps it's a Canada thing! There's a guy in PEI who ordered and took delivery in less than two months!

MidLifeManifustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Convertible, 21 Explorer ST
Perhaps it's a Canada thing! There's a guy in PEI who ordered and took delivery in less than two months!
Maybe exclusively a PEI thing! If you scroll through my sig, you’ll see my wait times were longer than yours!

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe exclusively a PEI thing! If you scroll through my sig, you’ll see my wait times were longer than yours!
I did. That was odd.
Nice that you did that scroll thing in your sig.

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
Fully 50% of the GT's I've seen rolling in to dealers here in the DMV in the last month or so have been PP. It's been in the 20's and 30's here in the mornings.
Sponsored