• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Oil level after delivery of new car?

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I don't put enough miles on as the blend has worked fine. I have used Ford oil since 1969.
Sponsored

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
For all you guys regarding oil level check on your Dark Horses or all new Mustangs! According to the manual says this!

Hey, on the oil situation! When I had checked the oil it was really low like 3/16th of an inch just above the bottom line! As I was puzzled and got out the manual book and did some reading and was shocked to see the “Note:” section that says “If the oil level is between the maximum and minimum marks, the oil level is acceptable. Do not add oil.” That was wholly different instructions from the past vehicle instructions that I’ve seen before!!! In the past you could see and make judgement of the oil addition but this is a bit different! So be careful on how much oil you could put in! Take care!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
“If the oil level is between the maximum and minimum marks, the oil level is acceptable. Do not add oil.”
That's how I've treated every single car I've owned since 1983.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
That's how I've treated every single car I've owned since 1983.
Yes, I get it, and not only for you but for all others to know! Thanks!

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
The only time you need to be right at the max fill mark is if you are doing a lot of twisties, quick deceleration, quick acceleration, etc., as if in road racing, so the oil pump is always sucking oil and not air. :thumbsup:
Sponsored