• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Whipple or Ford Supercharger?

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I am asking for opinion from all of you "Mustang Crazy People" and since my Cobra 2003 had a Ford Performance Supercharger and I had a ball with it when it gave me 561 horsepower to play around in. Now that I am pending a Dark Horse coming "we don't know yet when we'll get it", however I'll like some info as for my upcoming DH, I would like 750 to 800 horsepower DH and I don't have a need of 1200 horsepower craziness. 750 to 800 is sufficient for me! Now there, I want to know which supercharger is more reliable nowadays the Whipple or the Ford Performance supercharger? Throw some of your info for me to read on...

Thanks,

REV745HD24
Sponsored

Mike2xz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Dark Horse, '23 Prius 🤣
I am asking for opinion from all of you "Mustang Crazy People" and since my Cobra 2003 had a Ford Performance Supercharger and I had a ball with it when it gave me 561 horsepower to play around in. Now that I am pending a Dark Horse coming "we don't know yet when we'll get it", however I'll like some info as for my upcoming DH, I would like 750 to 800 horsepower DH and I don't have a need of 1200 horsepower craziness. 750 to 800 is sufficient for me! Now there, I want to know which supercharger is more reliable nowadays the Whipple or the Ford Performance supercharger? Throw some of your info for me to read on...

Thanks,

REV745HD24
First off, that termi sounds like a lot of fun! On the new gen... it's hard to tell because of the ECU lock. It's impossible to predict what they'll let their partners do. To be honest I think it depends on what you want from the car. I'll probably go with Whipple because of what I've seen from the last gen. I have a few friends with whipples who have had ~30k miles with little to no issues, although one said that the thought of something going wrong doesn't leave his mind. I will probably wait for a while to see how these cars deal with boost. I'm assuming this gen would be more plug n' play versus the s550's, but again all guesses. To get a good idea I would check out Mustang6G/reddit and look at some of their past threads. I hope this helps in some way!

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The FP SC will be a Whipple.

OP
OP
REV745DH24

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
First off, that termi sounds like a lot of fun! On the new gen... it's hard to tell because of the ECU lock. It's impossible to predict what they'll let their partners do. To be honest I think it depends on what you want from the car. I'll probably go with Whipple because of what I've seen from the last gen. I have a few friends with whipples who have had ~30k miles with little to no issues, although one said that the thought of something going wrong doesn't leave his mind. I will probably wait for a while to see how these cars deal with boost. I'm assuming this gen would be more plug n' play versus the s550's, but again all guesses. To get a good idea I would check out Mustang6G/reddit and look at some of their past threads. I hope this helps in some way!
Sometimes I wonder if the ECM specification by Ford will allow cops to turn it off through wi-fi!! Lol!! Who knows what can happen nowadays?!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Sometimes I wonder if the ECM specification by Ford will allow cops to turn it off through wi-fi!! Lol!! Who knows what can happen nowadays?!
That’s why you wrap the wart in tinfoil

OP
OP
REV745DH24

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Reactions: Zig

Zcarmenb28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Camaro ZL1, 22 Supra 3.0
The FP SC will be a Whipple.
The Gen 3 FP kit was a Roush, which uses an Eaton 2.65 roots blower. The Whipple is a twin screw…are you sure Ford is switching the official FP kit from a Roush to a Whipple? I know Whipple and others (procharger) have developed kits for the Gen 4 Coyote. But I’d be surprised if FP isn’t working with Roush again for the official FP kit.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The Gen 3 FP kit was a Roush, which uses an Eaton 2.65 roots blower. The Whipple is a twin screw…are you sure Ford is switching the official FP kit from a Roush to a Whipple? I know Whipple and others (procharger) have developed kits for the Gen 4 Coyote. But I’d be surprised if FP isn’t working with Roush again for the official FP kit.

Ford has been using Whipple kits as the Ford Racing SC for a while. Ford is already working with Whipple and have been on other 5.0L vehicles so it is a good bet it will be a Whipple.

Not sure I would even call Roush an "official kit"!

Zcarmenb28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Camaro ZL1, 22 Supra 3.0
Ford has been using Whipple kits as the Ford Racing SC for a while. Ford is already working with Whipple and have been on other 5.0L vehicles so it is a good bet it will be a Whipple.

Not sure I would even call Roush an "official kit"!
Are you sure?

2018-2021 MUSTANG GT 750HP SUPERCHARGER KIT| Part Details for M-6066-M8 | Ford Performance Parts

"This new Mustang GT Supercharger has been developed by Ford Performance in partnership with Roush Performance, utilizing engineering expertise from both companies. Ford Performance and Roush are known for high-quality work, a vast support network, and having the utmost knowledge of the Ford powertrains with a working relationship that goes back 50 years.
The R2650 Supercharger features new TVS Technology."

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Are you sure?

2018-2021 MUSTANG GT 750HP SUPERCHARGER KIT| Part Details for M-6066-M8 | Ford Performance Parts

"This new Mustang GT Supercharger has been developed by Ford Performance in partnership with Roush Performance, utilizing engineering expertise from both companies. Ford Performance and Roush are known for high-quality work, a vast support network, and having the utmost knowledge of the Ford powertrains with a working relationship that goes back 50 years.
Ford will be offering Whipples for the F150 and Mustang.

Bybotie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, PP
Are you sure?

The Ford Performance Cobra Jet drag cars have been equipped with Whipples for years. The FP 700 package for the F150 is a Whipple. The Whipple kit is a direct bolt-on, Roush requires you to cut flanges off the block.
Sponsored