• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Steeda said:
Along their nationwide tour, RTR stopped by Steeda for a day and we got to check out the 2024 Spec 2 Mustang and get behind the wheel. We already drove the 2024 Mustang GT & Ecoboost out in LA recently, but this is the first modified S650 out on the streets. We also set up a short course to see how RTR's tactical suspension handles in an autocross setting

Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Only 2 and a half mins in so far….. what did they start with? Was it a base gt or dh? Please start with what you started with so we can then see the improvements. … although gonna finish watching to see what they say …..

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did I notice a door dent? A bit of front end lift? …. Ohhh look long tubes…. By chance did they consider jet hot?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
x marks the (imo: wrong) spot. ….

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two questions re the grill lights. Can they be set so they are progressively less bright as they enter (create tunnel effect) the grill? Can they or do they ‘gallop’ ? As in a slow progressive pulse which increases with rpm? Change color at redline?

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
Only 2 and a half mins in so far….. what did they start with? Was it a base gt or dh? Please start with what you started with so we can then see the improvements. … although gonna finish watching to see what they say …..
So I actually got to see (and sit in) this specific car and it's just a PP GT and a pre-production model at that (front bumper doesn't fit 100% (RTR's fault), other panel gap issues). RTR promo guy stopped by our dealer as we're starting (and apparently really growing if RTR took the time to stop by) our "customs" side.

I forgot all was said, but pretty much just full suspension mods and exterior additions (I could see billet blue anodized sway bar bushing caps through the engine bay for one). Recaros are from a S550 as the car didn't have them originally (and as I was told, they have stacks of Recaros on hand..."Vaughn wouldn't be too happy giving away free Recaros" - I tried lol) . Wheels are pre-production and should be released later this year I think (with some other color options). No performance mods or even exhaust (sadly only a dual tip too).

I asked him how the S650 feels vs. the S550 and the main thing he pointed out was braking feels a lot better as the car wouldn't nose dive thanks to the 4 pot rear brakes. He said steering feels a lot better and quicker as well. Another hopeful tidbit - he never ran into gear nibbling/clunkiness/grinding or any past MT82 issues - maybe Ford finally fixed the damn shifter?

Personally, the car feels good (sitting in it). Steering wheel feels very...chunky but nice to have the thumb indents. The screens are quite nice and not as intrusive as I thought ("premium" screen layout), and pretty nice to have a bunch of extra visible gauges at your finger tips. The dual tip exhaust sounds pretty good, probably on par with late S550 non-AE quad tip sound. The "drift brake" feels absolutely weird - you expect normal handbrake feel, but you get a weighted smooth operating lever instead that gets a little harder to pull the more you pull it. The whole exterior design of the car looks so much better in person as well, even the headlights and indented trunk. It also seems like more space is gained in between the accessory drive and the fan assembly, so might be slightly easier to work around the Coyote.

Kinda wish I ordered one. Oh well...maybe they'll bring back Eruption Green and really convince me then lol.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I actually got to see (and sit in) this specific car and it's just a PP GT and a pre-production model at that (front bumper doesn't fit 100% (RTR's fault), other panel gap issues). RTR promo guy stopped by our dealer as we're starting (and apparently really growing if RTR took the time to stop by) our "customs" side.

….

Thanks, that explains a lot and on one hand is encouraging - every time I’ve seen pics or vids with the car (pre-production pp gt) everyone is all smiles and big grins.
Sponsored