• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
Just finished Day 1 of my 2 Day getaway in Tennesee, 7 hours and just over 230 miles done including the Tail of the Dragon up and down. I didnt take it easy on the car at all, ran it like it was made to run all day and it preformed flawlessly. I am so happy with this car! Got some good pictures as well! I'll post my exact route I took today if anyone is interested.

S650 Mustang Tennesee Getaway! 20240525_134207

S650 Mustang Tennesee Getaway! 20240525_134847

S650 Mustang Tennesee Getaway! 20240525_134510

S650 Mustang Tennesee Getaway! 20240525_134413

S650 Mustang Tennesee Getaway! 20240319_022159

S650 Mustang Tennesee Getaway! Messenger_creation_c194c619-146d-45f7-9bae-13cee4e4a3fc

S650 Mustang Tennesee Getaway! Messenger_creation_267dddf9-4c7b-4880-8646-7f7782c73f69

S650 Mustang Tennesee Getaway! Messenger_creation_e77b346f-b620-46f1-a1c1-4eb8bf65a758

S650 Mustang Tennesee Getaway! '20270114-129Slayer

S650 Mustang Tennesee Getaway! '20270109-129Slayer
Sponsored

Last edited:

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Just finished Day 1 of my 2 Day getaway in Tennesee, 7 hours and just over 230 miles done including the Tail of the Dragon up and down. I didnt take it easy on the car at all, ran it like it was made to run all day and it preformed flawlessly. I am so happy with this car! Got some good pictures as well! I'll post my exact route I took today if anyone is interested.

20240525_134207.jpg

20240525_134847.jpg

20240525_134510.jpg

20240525_134413.jpg

20240319_022159.jpg
You guys and this Tail of the Dragon stuff have inspired me to search out long scenic cruises around Omaha. I've lived in Nebraska all my life and just found Loess Hills Byway, that's 3 hours one way. So, thank you!

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

20240525_134207.jpg

20240525_134847.jpg

20240525_134510.jpg

20240525_134413.jpg

20240319_022159.jpg
Car looks amazing! Did you Trip average Speed/MPG ? Just curious

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car looks amazing! Did you Trip average Speed/MPG ? Just curious
I did but I started the Trip counter when I left my house in Indiana so it's a combination of the trip down, then all of today. So far the trip is 655 miles at an average MPG of 21.7, I'm not sure what the speed is atm as I wasn't paying attention to it when I got out of the car earlier.

Not bad for VERY spirited driving all of today and on the trip down.

Unfortunately day 2 is canceled due to my friends Fiesta ST front brakes acting real weird, and he forgot his lug key so we can't do a brake change in the hotel parking lot. So tomorrow morning we limp it home.

Either way, today was the most fun I have EVER had driving my mustangs, I owned a S550 for 3 years, never had this much fun. I would highly highly recommend a trip down here for anyone.

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You guys and this Tail of the Dragon stuff have inspired me to search out long scenic cruises around Omaha. I've lived in Nebraska all my life and just found Loess Hills Byway, that's 3 hours one way. So, thank you!
Have fun and let that car scream, it'll handle more than you think. I was throwing mine into ever curve at full confidence going faster than my buddy in his Fiesta ST, in which he is very skilled in driving that car as a rally car essentially. Today Definitely let me learn the limits of the S650 and tbh, I wasn't able to find the "oh that's too much for it" spot, even in spots I myself was sketched on, the car gripped and held true.

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Have fun and let that car scream, it'll handle more than you think. I was throwing mine into ever curve at full confidence going faster than my buddy in his Fiesta ST, in which he is very skilled in driving that car as a rally car essentially. Today Definitely let me learn the limits of the S650 and tbh, I wasn't able to find the "oh that's too much for it" spot, even in spots I myself was sketched on, the car gripped and held true.
You've never been to Nebraska/Iowa have you? Out in the country it's a cross road every mile or so. But i'll give her hell and Rev the shit out of it turning the corners!

Does Tail of the Dragon have any cool places to stop and walk around little shops? If I can convince the lady it's a scenic shopping trip, I'm in!

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You've never been to Nebraska/Iowa have you? Out in the country it's a cross road every mile or so. But i'll give her hell and Rev the shit out of it turning the corners!

Does Tail of the Dragon have any cool places to stop and walk around little shops? If I can convince the lady it's a scenic shopping trip, I'm in!
It has a few little shops at the end of what is considered the dragon but it's still in the middle of no where, I wouldn't say it's enough to qualify it as a shopping trip though πŸ˜‚

My wife had to work all weekend so I was able to do the trip without a whole lot of convincing luckily. I'd say do the trip if you wanna have a super unique and fun time. Very different country here versus what I'm even used to back in indiana. But I've taken enough trips to learn how to drive it in tight and fast twist and turns.

I haven't been out that way either, but it's the same back home, country roads have another road every mile and everything is giant squares of fields and woods πŸ˜‚

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It has a few little shops at the end of what is considered the dragon but it's still in the middle of no where, I wouldn't say it's enough to qualify it as a shopping trip though πŸ˜‚

My wife had to work all weekend so I was able to do the trip without a whole lot of convincing luckily. I'd say do the trip if you wanna have a super unique and fun time. Very different country here versus what I'm even used to back in indiana. But I've taken enough trips to learn how to drive it in tight and fast twist and turns.

I haven't been out that way either, but it's the same back home, country roads have another road every mile and everything is giant squares of fields and woods πŸ˜‚
You do know my pain then!

I always go the extra mile on my way home from Lowes to say I took the scenic route πŸ˜‚. In our little town of Bennington, there are cool little back roads that are tree covered in the summer. Problem is it's about a 5 minute trip.

We'll give this Loess thing a rip and try to get lost on hopefully paved backroads.

I will experience the Dragon at some point though!

Sucks about your buddies car, have him call triple A, give them the location and you two go tear it up tomorrow in the second coolest Atlas Blue Mustang πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I always go the extra mile on my way home from Lowes to say I took the scenic route πŸ˜‚. In our little town of Bennington, there are cool little back roads that are tree covered in the summer. Problem is it's about a 5 minute trip.

We'll give this Loess thing a rip and try to get lost on hopefully paved backroads.

Sucks about your buddies car, have him call triple A, give them the location and you two go tear it up tomorrow in the second coolest Atlas Blue Mustang πŸ˜πŸ˜‚
You wish you could knock Sully off of the podium! You got any trophies? Didn't think so πŸ€ͺ

I have a boring drive to work, about 10 minutes total, only plus is there is a 2.5 mile stretch, 4 lanes wide, completely flat and open. I work 3rd shift so usually that road is clear all the way, thus is the reason I have hit the governor more than 5 times. But other than that, there isn't any scenic routes within an hour of my house in any direction. So this trip has definitely scratched that itch of something more than flat ground for as far as the eye can see.

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I wish that UHaul S650 was around here! I was telling him about that being posted on here so he started looking for rentals but man they are expensive!

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
You wish you could knock Sully off of the podium! You got any trophies? Didn't think so πŸ€ͺ

I have a boring drive to work, about 10 minutes total, only plus is there is a 2.5 mile stretch, 4 lanes wide, completely flat and open. I work 3rd shift so usually that road is clear all the way, thus is the reason I have hit the governor more than 5 times. But other than that, there isn't any scenic routes within an hour of my house in any direction. So this trip has definitely scratched that itch of something more than flat ground for as far as the eye can see.
Sheeeeeeet, forgot about the πŸ†'s, dammit!!!!

Yeah, I've got a long stretch, left turn, long stretch, left turn, neighborhood, dealership, very boring drive. I've hammered down quite a few times, not really excited as it gets squirrelly. I've got the stop the hop kit sitting in my trunk waiting for my mechanic to get back from vacation to install it. You young guys and your brass balls, πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sheeeeeeet, forgot about the πŸ†'s, dammit!!!!

Yeah, I've got a long stretch, left turn, long stretch, left turn, neighborhood, dealership, very boring drive. I've hammered down quite a few times, not really excited as it gets squirrelly. I've got the stop the hop kit sitting in my trunk waiting for my mechanic to get back from vacation to install it. You young guys and your brass balls, πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I'm telling ya! I don't have the stop the hop kit, though it's on the list to buy, and I haven't had any wild stuff happen yet. But I also feel like I know the car really well, like driving it, I feel like one with the car. That sounds dumb as shit but it's why I'm so confident driving it like a lunatic as the old dudes say πŸ˜‚

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I'm telling ya! I don't have the stop the hop kit, though it's on the list to buy, and I haven't had any wild stuff happen yet. But I also feel like I know the car really well, like driving it, I feel like one with the car. That sounds dumb as shit but it's why I'm so confident driving it like a lunatic as the old dudes say πŸ˜‚
I hadn't driven it all week, couldn't handle it anymore, took it out 3 times today. Last time, open road both lanes. Floored it, 1st and 2nd, could feel it pitching left then settling down. I'm a massive pussy and I'm sure I'll find fault with the stop the hop, πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚.

You drive it every day, you and the car are one! 😁😁😁

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hadn't driven it all week, couldn't handle it anymore, took it out 3 times today. Last time, open road both lanes. Floored it, 1st and 2nd, could feel it pitching left then settling down. I'm a massive pussy and I'm sure I'll find fault with the stop the hop, πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚.

You drive it every day, you and the car are one! 😁😁😁
I honestly have no clue where my confidence comes from, but I'm glad I have it because my life is a whole lot more fun going 65 miles an hour around a hair pin turn. Thank God and knock on wood, I've never had any sort of accident. But soon I'll be turning it down and drive a little more restrained, got some big things happening in life and don't wanna take myself out being dumb lol

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I honestly have no clue where my confidence comes from, but I'm glad I have it because my life is a whole lot more fun going 65 miles an hour around a hair pin turn. Thank God and knock on wood, I've never had any sort of accident. But soon I'll be turning it down and drive a little more restrained, got some big things happening in life and don't wanna take myself out being dumb lol
My lack of confidence is watching all the X videos where dudes are showing off in their cars by driving like a lunatic and wrecking all by themselves. I don't want to be that next video πŸ˜‚.

Yeah, don't you got a little Carter on the way? Better get it all out now, you'll look silly doing burnouts with a "baby on board" sign hanging in the back window
Sponsored