• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rear Quarter Panel Dent/Paint

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Well, Merry Christmas to all, although not quite the Christmas I was looking for. My wife unfortunately backed into my car parked in driveway, and put a pretty good dent in rear quarter panel behind the door. Pretty good crunch with paint creased and cracked. Also hit my 5 day old wheels, but I think I can just get touch up paint for wheel as it's not really damages (don't know how).

Question is, do you feel the quarter panel can just be pulled and shaped and obviously painted? Hoping nothing needs to be replaced. Any ideas on rough expectation of cost out of pocket if I'm trying to avoid dealing with insurance?

S650 Mustang Rear Quarter Panel Dent/Paint 20231223_120003

S650 Mustang Rear Quarter Panel Dent/Paint 20231223_115957

S650 Mustang Rear Quarter Panel Dent/Paint 20231223_115951
Sponsored

OP
OP

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
I’d file.
I think if be quicker to go it if I was considered at fault and it had no impact on my premium. Then it's just the $500 deductible and no other negative impact.

I've already been told I'd have to file two separate claims if I want to get both cars fixed. That would be $1k deductible and then the premium hike against my wife.

Definitely not an insurance expert so if anyone has insurance knowledge for this situation, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I think if be quicker to go it if I was considered at fault and it had no impact on my premium. Then it's just the $500 deductible and no other negative impact.

I've already been told I'd have to file two separate claims if I want to get both cars fixed. That would be $1k deductible and then the premium hike against my wife.

Definitely not an insurance expert so if anyone has insurance knowledge for this situation, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
I meant for divorce 🤣

call your local PDR man, should be able to advise for best outcome

OP
OP

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
I meant for divorce 🤣

call your local PDR man, should be able to advise for best outcome
Hahahaha, yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. It's still a touchy subject for sure.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
Similar size on my S550 was $1900.

OP
OP

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Ohh and it’s black ..gonna be a fun paint exact match experience if you get it repaired
It's dark matter grey. So hoping paint isn't too bad since it's only 2 months old.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Before you hit the insurance company, get an estimate for the repair. You might be better off paying out of pocket to avoid the increase in your insurance policy. I had a home robbery and when I found out how little the company covered, I would have been better off eating the loss. They had a cap on firearms and they didn't pay for a coin collection which was the bulk of the loss. I still have the policy but now have a 500 pound safe and a security system with two layers of protection. They may still get in but they better have earplugs and be ready for a visit from phoenix's finest.

OP
OP

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Yeah, that's what I'm planning on. Just completely stupid that I pay $250/mo for car insurance only to try and NOT use it.

I wasn't sure if there was a way to only file a claim for my car as not at fault, since it was just parked in the driveway and I wasn't in it, to just pay the $500 deductible to get it fixed without a premium hit on my end since not my fault.

Wangmuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT

Thanks

There's no reason you should have to file two claims for one accident. The claim would be against the vehicle at fault for the collision, just like any other accident...
Sponsored