• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Paint blemish on rear quarter

Mullethunter324

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I was getting a ceramic coating applied and my detailer noticed a small blemish on the rear quarter panel on the driver side. It is very hard to see and it is about the size of a grain of rice. It is a very dark blue spot in my blue ember paint job. It almost looks like something is poking out from the interior of the panel causing a small crease. Above the blemish it almost looks like there is a crease in the panel in the right light that is maybe 3 inches long. I would add a picture but it really hard to see.

I brought it to the dealership and they sent me down the road to their body shop to get their opinion. They are thinking it is some sort of failed touch up. Currently their plan is to repaint the entire panel. I hate to think what kind of blending into other panels will be required with dark ember. I am currently waiting on an estimate and to get a date to get it into the shop. Love having 130 miles on the clock and into the shop it goes.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Don’t pop that zit….unless you really want to…if it’s so small you need a microscope to find it is it really worth the effort?

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Which will bother you more, the blemish or a repainted panel.
Sponsored