• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Poseidon Build Thread - 2024 GT Premium - Everything you could ask for!

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Howdy all,

After many months (ordered 3/29) and lots of talk and messages and worrying over this forum, I was finally able to pick up my Vapor Blue GT Premium (401A) A10 with Carmine Red interior, Nite Pony, Active Exhaust, and Red Brembos. First off, all I can say is WOW! The wait, the hype, and the expectations were all met. It's everything I could've asked for since I've been wanting a comfortable, quick, exciting, tech-filled daily driver.

I'm hoping to turn this into a build/discussion thread of sorts but honestly the car is fantastic as it sits and I'm still learning all the quirks so it will likely be stock for a while, but still want to keep a post here for the future.

First off, Vapor Blue was a FANTASTIC choice. I've decided to name the car Poseidon due to the color. It also works as a double entendre since Poseidon is Greek god of horses. After seeing how good looking Grabber Blue and some other colors were, I almost tried to change the color on my order. So glad I didn't because in person it seriously pops. It's a light metallic blue in the sun, with different shades based on the different angles you look at it. In the shade or at night it looks like a grey which I think is pretty awesome. It's gotten lots of compliments so far. I truly believe the Nite Pony package sets the exterior off, and having painted roof and mirrors (not wrapped) is good assurance it will always look fresh. The smoked out headlights are easily my favorite part though, and considering the headlights themselves are over $2500, not getting the option is really a missed opportunity.
Another thing is the Carmine Red, which I would actually call maroon/burgundy (Gig Em!) is incredible to look at. Again, in person it looks nothing like the online images or videos. Again, everyone has really complimented it and getting the accent stitching throughout with the red was well worth the price. I believe the 401A leather is supposed to be of a higher quality of the 400A, and man these seats are comfortable. I drove it home 10 hours non stop and at no point was my butt uncomfortable. I'm 6'4" with my length in my extremities and with the seat all the way back I can hardly touch the pedals. I have probably 4-5 inches of headroom as well. Overall, the seats are really fantastic to look at and sit in. However, I believe I have issues with 1 if not both of the cooled seats in my car. Will describe below.

Onto the drivetrain: The 10 speed transmission way exceeded my expectations. I generally drive in normal mode, and for a majority of the shifts, you absolutely cannot feel it shift. The shift points are great depending on your throttle input and when cruising around, you really have no idea (other than sound) that the car is shifting. In sport, shifts are crisp and you can definitely feel the "quickness" in the tuning. If you put it in sport then manual, WOWOWOW. The delay on upshifts from pressing the paddles are non-existent. The response is on par with a dual clutch transmission, which I was certainly not expecting from all the forum naysayers. The thing is, it's also so smooth even for being as quick as it is, which is one of the benefits of a torque converted automatic transmission. Downshifts in sport are noticeable and it definitely feels like the car is eager to go if you jam the brakes and let it shift for you.
The 5.0 is a beast. Not much really for me to comment on, but coming from a Ford Explorer daily (And previously a C6Z06) I am very impressed. When you're cruising and give it a little gas you can feel the engine is eager to get up and go. Truthfully, I haven't been full throttle a ton, but let's just say nothing I've come across has been faster lol. Still scared to give it full throttle in first gear on the street with these tires, but damn it's quick. If you want to make a pass going 75 on the highway, about 10% throttle for a few seconds and you're easily cruising past whoever you want.
The active exhaust is a no brainer here. When you're on the phone or listening to the radio, quiet mode is very quiet. Just loud enough to know you aren't driving a Camry, but you really can't hear much tone at low RPMs. Normal, sport, and track are pretty similar, I think there's no difference between sport and track but when you want to give it some gas and let her scream, man it sounds good. Such a deeper more aggressive tone compared to the last gen mustang. I personally see no need to drop in a H/X pipe, cause it's plenty loud (and that's coming from someone who loves loud engine noises). Remote rev is also pretty badass and when you show off the car to friends and start revving from outside, it's guaranteed to get some laughs and "no way it can do that from the factory." Again, all the forum naysayers calling it a gimmick are wrong.
Brembos are another must have option. Why get a sports car that can easily do triple digits if it can't slow you down in the event you need to. Brake feeling is smooth but crisp with lots of bite. When you pull out of the dealer lot expect to brake check yourself a couple times.

Technology: One of the reasons I pulled the trigger was for the digital dash. The screens are such a wow factor. There's so much real estate and so much information to display, I honestly am still figuring out what is where and what to pay attention to. I say that, but don't want it to seem like it's too much, cause it's not. The important stuff like RPM and speed are super easy to see and the normal mode cluster looks really good. When you set your cruise I like how there's an arrow that shows where it's set at and the lane assist is always visible too. For the center screen there's so much space it makes looking at the map or seeing some gauges or setting features so easy to do. Everything is pretty intuitive.
Adaptive cruise control is VERY well tuned, if you get cut off it's not super aggressive to slow down, it will just coast to make space between the car in front if there's room. Acceleration is well done too. Lane keep assist is nice to have when you aren't really paying attention so it will give you a light nudge back to the center of the lane if you get too close to the edge. One thing I was super excited about was the active lane keeping though. I think cars should be as autonomous as possible when you're on the highway or a road where you're just going straight. When you activate it, you'll see your driver assist logo on the dash turn blue with blue lines on the side of the car. It literally drives for you just like a Tesla. I wish it wouldn't bother me so much to keep my hands on the wheel when they are, but I understand they want the driver to be focused. It's not a real nuisance though, just give it a light nudge and all is good. On my 10 hour drive home, having that activated on the highway allowed me to do other things in the car besides stare at the lane all by myself for hundreds miles at a time. I wanted a good cruiser with good tech and damn this thing delivered. I will say, I'm not sure if it's a calibration issue or if it was programmed this way, but it will keep you in the right 1/3 of your lane, pretty close to the right lane markings. I do wish it would keep you right in the center, especially cause I'm passing usually in the left lane. Active lane keeping works anywhere it can see lane stripes, and it performs just as well on city streets. Even in construction it does good where markers are kind of fading, but definitely need to be focused on the road if there's some sketchy lanes or a lot of crossing over. It's not magic and it will turn off it doesn't know what to do.
B&O sound system is plenty loud and sounds very nice. At about 2/3 volume it can be loud enough to be uncomfortable with the windows up. Bass is nice and when maxed out it's more than I need so I keep it about 75% when I'm not trying to absolutely bang some music. For those that say "ya it sounds like poo and I already replaced all the speakers" crowd, they won't be satisfied with any stock sound system to begin with. I for one, am impressed with it.
Welcome lighting makes me giddy every time, I just wish it activated a little farther away and I was shorter so I could see the front triple LEDs easier.

There's more for me to say here, but this post is getting long. My conclusion though on the car as a whole is this: The automatic transmission exceeds all expectations in terms of smoothness and aggressiveness when you need it. Having the automatic also gets you active lane keeping and remote rev, while remote rev isn't necessary, I can't imagine buying a car in 2023 and it not having some autonomous driving features; it truly works great. Vapor blue is slick and the red interior is even slicker, Nite Pony really sets off all of the 2024 colors but even more so on the lighter shades. The technology as a whole is fantastic, and while Sync 4 definitely has some bugs, there's no doubt they will get an update. The screens are amazing and the whole car is an attention getter. From the inside to the outside, anyone who sees it or rides in it is going to be jealous. Don't skimp out and get a base model because you're truly missing out on the whole package. If you just want a 2 seater that goes fast, find a used Corvette, at least you'll still get leather seats. I've driven 1300 miles in 7 days, including a 10 hour stretch and two 3 hour stretches. Every single second has lived up to expectations and the price tag and I can't wait to learn even more about the car and make Poseidon truly mine. It's everything you could ask for!

Now for the photo tax: Unfortunately, haven't had time for some "pro" shots but here's a little photobook of my experience so far.
S650 Mustang Poseidon Build Thread - 2024 GT Premium - Everything you could ask for! IMG_5675
S650 Mustang Poseidon Build Thread - 2024 GT Premium - Everything you could ask for! IMG_5689
S650 Mustang Poseidon Build Thread - 2024 GT Premium - Everything you could ask for! IMG_5690
S650 Mustang Poseidon Build Thread - 2024 GT Premium - Everything you could ask for! IMG_5691

Iowa state trooper stopped by to ask about the paint and say seeing it made him miss his 2018 GT.
S650 Mustang Poseidon Build Thread - 2024 GT Premium - Everything you could ask for! IMG_5693
S650 Mustang Poseidon Build Thread - 2024 GT Premium - Everything you could ask for! IMG_5699
S650 Mustang Poseidon Build Thread - 2024 GT Premium - Everything you could ask for! IMG_5709
S650 Mustang Poseidon Build Thread - 2024 GT Premium - Everything you could ask for! IMG_5716
S650 Mustang Poseidon Build Thread - 2024 GT Premium - Everything you could ask for! IMG_5763
S650 Mustang Poseidon Build Thread - 2024 GT Premium - Everything you could ask for! IMG_5775
Sponsored

OP
OP
Interstellar

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Reserved for issues;

OP
OP
Interstellar

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Reserved for mods;
Window tint tomorrow!

OP
OP
Interstellar

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Reserved for space;

mustangwilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Performance Pack
Hard to tell from pics, but seats look alot like my ember glo interior. Nice looking ride!

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Excellent review. I have the same requirements as you so it's nice to get a user perspective of the car. Good luck and it's a beautiful car.

OP
OP
Interstellar

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
S650 Mustang Poseidon Build Thread - 2024 GT Premium - Everything you could ask for! IMG_5795

50% front 20% sides and rear. SolarFX FX Extreme ceramic.
more pics to come. Already a noticeable and significant drop in temp on the inside from the sun coming in. After a 30 minute drive in full sun the dash was hardly warm

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Howdy all,

After many months (ordered 3/29) and lots of talk and messages and worrying over this forum, I was finally able to pick up my Vapor Blue GT Premium (401A) A10 with Carmine Red interior, Nite Pony, Active Exhaust, and Red Brembos. First off, all I can say is WOW! The wait, the hype, and the expectations were all met. It's everything I could've asked for since I've been wanting a comfortable, quick, exciting, tech-filled daily driver.

I'm hoping to turn this into a build/discussion thread of sorts but honestly the car is fantastic as it sits and I'm still learning all the quirks so it will likely be stock for a while, but still want to keep a post here for the future.

First off, Vapor Blue was a FANTASTIC choice. I've decided to name the car Poseidon due to the color. It also works as a double entendre since Poseidon is Greek god of horses. After seeing how good looking Grabber Blue and some other colors were, I almost tried to change the color on my order. So glad I didn't because in person it seriously pops. It's a light metallic blue in the sun, with different shades based on the different angles you look at it. In the shade or at night it looks like a grey which I think is pretty awesome. It's gotten lots of compliments so far. I truly believe the Nite Pony package sets the exterior off, and having painted roof and mirrors (not wrapped) is good assurance it will always look fresh. The smoked out headlights are easily my favorite part though, and considering the headlights themselves are over $2500, not getting the option is really a missed opportunity.
Another thing is the Carmine Red, which I would actually call maroon/burgundy (Gig Em!) is incredible to look at. Again, in person it looks nothing like the online images or videos. Again, everyone has really complimented it and getting the accent stitching throughout with the red was well worth the price. I believe the 401A leather is supposed to be of a higher quality of the 400A, and man these seats are comfortable. I drove it home 10 hours non stop and at no point was my butt uncomfortable. I'm 6'4" with my length in my extremities and with the seat all the way back I can hardly touch the pedals. I have probably 4-5 inches of headroom as well. Overall, the seats are really fantastic to look at and sit in. However, I believe I have issues with 1 if not both of the cooled seats in my car. Will describe below.

Onto the drivetrain: The 10 speed transmission way exceeded my expectations. I generally drive in normal mode, and for a majority of the shifts, you absolutely cannot feel it shift. The shift points are great depending on your throttle input and when cruising around, you really have no idea (other than sound) that the car is shifting. In sport, shifts are crisp and you can definitely feel the "quickness" in the tuning. If you put it in sport then manual, WOWOWOW. The delay on upshifts from pressing the paddles are non-existent. The response is on par with a dual clutch transmission, which I was certainly not expecting from all the forum naysayers. The thing is, it's also so smooth even for being as quick as it is, which is one of the benefits of a torque converted automatic transmission. Downshifts in sport are noticeable and it definitely feels like the car is eager to go if you jam the brakes and let it shift for you.
The 5.0 is a beast. Not much really for me to comment on, but coming from a Ford Explorer daily (And previously a C6Z06) I am very impressed. When you're cruising and give it a little gas you can feel the engine is eager to get up and go. Truthfully, I haven't been full throttle a ton, but let's just say nothing I've come across has been faster lol. Still scared to give it full throttle in first gear on the street with these tires, but damn it's quick. If you want to make a pass going 75 on the highway, about 10% throttle for a few seconds and you're easily cruising past whoever you want.
The active exhaust is a no brainer here. When you're on the phone or listening to the radio, quiet mode is very quiet. Just loud enough to know you aren't driving a Camry, but you really can't hear much tone at low RPMs. Normal, sport, and track are pretty similar, I think there's no difference between sport and track but when you want to give it some gas and let her scream, man it sounds good. Such a deeper more aggressive tone compared to the last gen mustang. I personally see no need to drop in a H/X pipe, cause it's plenty loud (and that's coming from someone who loves loud engine noises). Remote rev is also pretty badass and when you show off the car to friends and start revving from outside, it's guaranteed to get some laughs and "no way it can do that from the factory." Again, all the forum naysayers calling it a gimmick are wrong.
Brembos are another must have option. Why get a sports car that can easily do triple digits if it can't slow you down in the event you need to. Brake feeling is smooth but crisp with lots of bite. When you pull out of the dealer lot expect to brake check yourself a couple times.

Technology: One of the reasons I pulled the trigger was for the digital dash. The screens are such a wow factor. There's so much real estate and so much information to display, I honestly am still figuring out what is where and what to pay attention to. I say that, but don't want it to seem like it's too much, cause it's not. The important stuff like RPM and speed are super easy to see and the normal mode cluster looks really good. When you set your cruise I like how there's an arrow that shows where it's set at and the lane assist is always visible too. For the center screen there's so much space it makes looking at the map or seeing some gauges or setting features so easy to do. Everything is pretty intuitive.
Adaptive cruise control is VERY well tuned, if you get cut off it's not super aggressive to slow down, it will just coast to make space between the car in front if there's room. Acceleration is well done too. Lane keep assist is nice to have when you aren't really paying attention so it will give you a light nudge back to the center of the lane if you get too close to the edge. One thing I was super excited about was the active lane keeping though. I think cars should be as autonomous as possible when you're on the highway or a road where you're just going straight. When you activate it, you'll see your driver assist logo on the dash turn blue with blue lines on the side of the car. It literally drives for you just like a Tesla. I wish it wouldn't bother me so much to keep my hands on the wheel when they are, but I understand they want the driver to be focused. It's not a real nuisance though, just give it a light nudge and all is good. On my 10 hour drive home, having that activated on the highway allowed me to do other things in the car besides stare at the lane all by myself for hundreds miles at a time. I wanted a good cruiser with good tech and damn this thing delivered. I will say, I'm not sure if it's a calibration issue or if it was programmed this way, but it will keep you in the right 1/3 of your lane, pretty close to the right lane markings. I do wish it would keep you right in the center, especially cause I'm passing usually in the left lane. Active lane keeping works anywhere it can see lane stripes, and it performs just as well on city streets. Even in construction it does good where markers are kind of fading, but definitely need to be focused on the road if there's some sketchy lanes or a lot of crossing over. It's not magic and it will turn off it doesn't know what to do.
B&O sound system is plenty loud and sounds very nice. At about 2/3 volume it can be loud enough to be uncomfortable with the windows up. Bass is nice and when maxed out it's more than I need so I keep it about 75% when I'm not trying to absolutely bang some music. For those that say "ya it sounds like poo and I already replaced all the speakers" crowd, they won't be satisfied with any stock sound system to begin with. I for one, am impressed with it.
Welcome lighting makes me giddy every time, I just wish it activated a little farther away and I was shorter so I could see the front triple LEDs easier.

There's more for me to say here, but this post is getting long. My conclusion though on the car as a whole is this: The automatic transmission exceeds all expectations in terms of smoothness and aggressiveness when you need it. Having the automatic also gets you active lane keeping and remote rev, while remote rev isn't necessary, I can't imagine buying a car in 2023 and it not having some autonomous driving features; it truly works great. Vapor blue is slick and the red interior is even slicker, Nite Pony really sets off all of the 2024 colors but even more so on the lighter shades. The technology as a whole is fantastic, and while Sync 4 definitely has some bugs, there's no doubt they will get an update. The screens are amazing and the whole car is an attention getter. From the inside to the outside, anyone who sees it or rides in it is going to be jealous. Don't skimp out and get a base model because you're truly missing out on the whole package. If you just want a 2 seater that goes fast, find a used Corvette, at least you'll still get leather seats. I've driven 1300 miles in 7 days, including a 10 hour stretch and two 3 hour stretches. Every single second has lived up to expectations and the price tag and I can't wait to learn even more about the car and make Poseidon truly mine. It's everything you could ask for!

Now for the photo tax: Unfortunately, haven't had time for some "pro" shots but here's a little photobook of my experience so far.
IMG_5675.jpg
IMG_5689.jpg
IMG_5690.jpg
IMG_5691.jpg

Iowa state trooper stopped by to ask about the paint and say seeing it made him miss his 2018 GT.
IMG_5693.jpg
IMG_5699.jpg
IMG_5709.jpg
IMG_5716.jpg
IMG_5763.jpg
IMG_5775.jpg
Thanks for sharing your experience! We hope you love the 'Stang. Enjoy!
Sponsored