• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Pleasant surprise

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Decided to try to start my Mustang yesterday just for grins. I put it into storage at the beginning of November, so it hasn't been driven in almost 2 months. . The place where I keep it doesn't allow battery tenders, so it's just been sitting. I guess the saving grace is that the temperature is kept at a constant 70 degrees. Got into it and it fired right up. Let it run for almost 25 minutes. I really thought the computers would drain the battery. I've always stored my Corvettes with a battery tender, so I never started them once they were put away. Anyway, I'm a happy camper. I did pop the hood just in case it doesn't start the next time and I have to jump it.
Sponsored

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Unhook the negative and your car will be fine. Had one unhooked for 6 months and fired right back up but it was back in 2006 so less tech. But I’d unhook my S550 for 3 months and it would fire up.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Decided to try to start my Mustang yesterday just for grins. I put it into storage at the beginning of November, so it hasn't been driven in almost 2 months. . The place where I keep it doesn't allow battery tenders, so it's just been sitting. I guess the saving grace is that the temperature is kept at a constant 70 degrees. Got into it and it fired right up. Let it run for almost 25 minutes. I really thought the computers would drain the battery. I've always stored my Corvettes with a battery tender, so I never started them once they were put away. Anyway, I'm a happy camper. I did pop the hood just in case it doesn't start the next time and I have to jump it.
The car goes into a deep sleep after a few days to preserve the battery - as you have found

ZBOBMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Like you, having my convertible asleep for a few month. First day above 50, the car started without a problem.
Sponsored