• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Order at multiple dealers

jinkmatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Crv and ford mustang
Can you order at multiple dealers and just buy the one that comes in first?
Sponsored

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Every dealer will require a deposit, at least $1,000.

And you also will sign an agreement. I think you can certainly order from multiple dealers and walk away from some, but you'll lose your deposits.

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
You need to put down a security deposit. Depending on the dealer this can be anywhere from 1-5 thousand, from what I've heard.

Unless someone has different information (Please share if you do!) I would not recommend. Buying one at ADM would probably be a better option at that point.

OP
OP

jinkmatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Crv and ford mustang
I’m not worried about the deposit. My concern is if ford will cancel your order if they see you ordered at multiple dealers. I’ve heard they had done that in the past

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
A couple points for clarification:

1. There are apparently some states, so I've heard (notably California), where you can get your deposit back if the transaction falls through.

2. I wouldn't be so sure *ALL* dealers will require a deposit. I don't believe Ourisman, for example, did so in the past (although that may change for the S650).

But those 2 points notwithstanding, it's just plain skeevy to do what you're suggesting @jinkmatt. With all due respect, people who do what you described is exactly why dealers try to punish all of their customers with huge markups and ridiculous non-refundable deposits.

Korvus15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang

And you also will sign an agreement. I think you can certainly order from multiple dealers and walk away from some, but you'll lose your deposits.
This was from my local dealer here earlier this month. It's why I am going through them lol. No deposit needed.

S650 Mustang Order at multiple dealers Screenshot_20230325_220712_Messages

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350

Mine didn’t but I’ve also bought 7 vehicles from the same sales guy.

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
If you walk away from an order you placed, the dealership will be penalized and will not receive the same allocation of new units. This is America so do as you see fit, but I wouldn't expect to be welcomed back at the dealership you left at the alter.

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
This was from my local dealer here earlier this month. It's why I am going through them lol. No deposit needed.

Screenshot_20230325_220712_Messages.jpg
My dealer did the same.. no deposit, just license and sign build sheet...

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
I provided a $1,000 Check (Already been cashed), A copy of my Driver's License and signed a build sheet with all prices to include Doc Fee and ADM (Yes I paid the $1K ADM) If I'm willing to spend almost $70k on a vehicle what's another $1K for something I've been thinking about since this car was shown Sept, it's still much better than these dudes paying $5-15K ADM).

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH

Wasn't my experience, ordered DH over the phone, just sent DL via text, no deposit, no signature.

Rickwhite4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT
I had a dealer offer me MSRP on a Dark Horse with no deposit, but I don’t think you should try to order from multiple dealers.
Sponsored