• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

NC registration trick

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
So if you’re in NC and plan to transfer your plate to your new mustang, go get your current car inspected and go renew your registration early. NC laws on plate transfer to a new car states you won’t pay property tax on the new car until you go to renew your registration. I went and renewed my registration on my 2019 mustang 2 days go and paid $350 in property tax. If I hadn’t I would be looking to pay the property tax on the new one in the next 3 months (registration was due to expire in nov) and the value of the new one is double what the value of the 2019 is. Just a thought. Trying to help out where I can.
Sponsored

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT premium convertible
I renewed mine in July. My schedule build date is the week of Sept 18.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
So if you’re in NC and plan to transfer your plate to your new mustang, go get your current car inspected and go renew your registration early. NC laws on plate transfer to a new car states you won’t pay property tax on the new car until you go to renew your registration. I went and renewed my registration on my 2019 mustang 2 days go and paid $350 in property tax. If I hadn’t I would be looking to pay the property tax on the new one in the next 3 months (registration was due to expire in nov) and the value of the new one is double what the value of the 2019 is. Just a thought. Trying to help out where I can.
So you pay property taxes on your vehicles also? I’m not looking forward to that. Will probably be $700 to $800.

OP
OP
Jrws1014

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
So you pay property taxes on your vehicles also? I’m not looking forward to that. Will probably be $700 to $800.
Yes one of the few things that makes me want to NOT live in NC.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Yes one of the few things that makes me want to NOT live in NC.
BUT, places like IL pay over $100 a year for their tags, their drivers licenses are only good for I believe 4-5 years, unless that has changed, I don’t know how much your ho e property taxes run, bur our house, they are now under $300 a year, we have no tax on groceries in our county, and property taxes on our cars do go down every year
Sponsored