• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustang sub-brand ideas

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
As Farley and others have discussed the idea of further mustang body styles, I want to discuss what you guys would like to see with additional models. Personally, here's what I would want;

S750 coupe - Keep the V8, drop the weight slightly, make it look even more like a chunky muscle car. I'd love a coupe with the body lines of that red sketch, and the front end off that white one.

Mustang sedan - Keep the V8, maybe call it the mustang galaxie, something with long, elegant proportions. The return of the impactful American sedan.

Smaller mustang - Based on c2, or Ford's upcoming CE1 platform that will offer EVs starting at about 25 grand. This is the smaller, cheaper, more nimble, but less powerful mustang people have been asking for. Stylistically, make it inspired by the foxbody with hatchback practicality, give it 80s nostalgia to appeal to millennials and gen z who are really into the 80s currently. This is the fun coupe that young people can actually afford, a return to the mustangs original vision. Call it the mustang stallion, or mustang fox.

Mid-engine mustang - Takes on the c8, uses some suspension tech, and maybe the carbon fiber tub from the Ford gt. Use the dct from the gt 500 that's already engineered to handle insane power outputs. Start with the 5.0 in the base car making 500 hp or so and work your way up from there. Maybe offer a manual to give it additional appeal over the c8. Because it's competing with the Corvette, call in the mustang Cobra.

Mach-e - Keep doing what you're doing. Maybe make the next gen a little lower, and sleeker, with better performance.

Let me know what you guys think of this.
Sponsored

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
IMO Ford should ditch the "Mustang as a brand" thing. There's plenty of good names they could use. Besides it just sounds silly driving around in a Mustang Mustang.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
I think they should add a 4 door… tons of people bought chargers
Sponsored