• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Just the tip (exhaust)

psr070187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium w Active Exhaust
Blacking my 24 GT Premium out and only have wheels and exhaust tips left. I've looked everywhere and have only been able to find one set of APR double walled, black, slant cut, 2.5" to 3.5" weld on exhaust tips. Just looking for some possible other options if anyone sees any, please drop or message me a link!
Sponsored

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Blacking my 24 GT Premium out and only have wheels and exhaust tips left. I've looked everywhere and have only been able to find one set of APR double walled, black, slant cut, 2.5" to 3.5" weld on exhaust tips. Just looking for some possible other options if anyone sees any, please drop or message me a link!
Go buy a can of high heat spray paint and paint the ones currently on it. I was the same as you wanting black tips. Bought the flowmaster axle back exhaust and had to return because the actuator on the passenger side had some slop and would lock in the closed position and the powder coat or flat black paint they use to coat them was already chipping off right out of the box. Sent the kit back unimpressed with the build quality and bought a can high heat paint and sprayed them. I think they turned out great and saved a ton of money! Now we'll see how long it lasts, haha.
S650 Mustang Just the tip (exhaust) 20240205_160358
S650 Mustang Just the tip (exhaust) 20240205_160340

OP
OP
psr070187

psr070187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go buy a can of high heat spray paint and paint the ones currently on it. I was the same as you wanting black tips. Bought the flowmaster axle back exhaust and had to return because the actuator on the passenger side had some slop and would lock in the closed position and the powder coat or flat black paint they use to coat them was already chipping off right out of the box. Sent the kit back unimpressed with the build quality and bought a can high heat paint and sprayed them. I think they turned out great and saved a ton of money! Now we'll see how long it lasts, haha.
20240205_160358.jpg
20240205_160340.jpg
Thought abt going ford performance route but with active it's like 2k and my mustang is already pretty loud with the h pipe install. Rather spend the 2k on kooks headers and get 40 hp out of it.

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Thought abt going ford performance route but with active it's like 2k and my mustang is already pretty loud with the h pipe install. Rather spend the 2k on kooks headers and get 40 hp out of it.
H pipe, headers, and a can of paint, sounds like a winning formula to me 😁👍

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I just think the tips from ford look.... cheap?
Agreed, but spending over a grand just to change the color is stupid. I'm glad the kit was defective and was able to return it. I too put on an H pipe, sounds great! $15.00 can of paint and some patience waiting for other manufacturers to come out with their exhaust systems with black tips. Price will eventually start dropping.

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Agreed, but spending over a grand just to change the color is stupid. I'm glad the kit was defective and was able to return it. I too put on an H pipe, sounds great! $15.00 can of paint and some patience waiting for other manufacturers to come out with their exhaust systems with black tips. Price will eventually start dropping.
Scroll down and click on the "GT Active Exhaust.... new tips"

Someone posted ones he bought on ebay. Has not shown pics of results. No idea if you have to cut them or just slide them on...

OP
OP
psr070187

psr070187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Makes sense. And I wouldn't be just changing the color. I'd be getting the benefits of having a Ford Performance axle back... but makes sense to have some patience. I appreciate the idea!

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Makes sense. And I wouldn't be just changing the color. I'd be getting the benefits of having a Ford Performance axle back... but makes sense to have some patience. I appreciate the idea!
True, you would be getting the performance muffler. How much different compared to what we currently have? The flowmaster was freaking loud!!!

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
OP
OP
psr070187

psr070187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate it, I'd be looking for weld on though

OP
OP
psr070187

psr070187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a guy that's done all my installation. He's doing them for free, we just need the part.
Sponsored

Reactions: CJ9