• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

is it a SCAM If someone asks to make payment with mobile deposit?

It's Rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium
If someone asks to make payment with mobile deposit check, also asking for bank name, full name, email and phone number, is it a scam?
Sponsored

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Someone close to me just got scammed out of 10K, they are tricky, I don't send anything to anyone except through my bank.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
If someone asks to make payment with mobile deposit check, also asking for bank name, full name, email and phone number, is it a scam?
Sounds fishy to me, but then I'm an old codger and distrust things like this where fraud can be perpetrated.

OP
OP
It's Rob

It's Rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium
no, someone on here is looking to purchase an item, but they're saying that they can only do mobile check deposit, and asking for all my info. I told him i only accept PayPal. and that his bank won't allow him to use paypal anymore...

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Walk away...

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
If they no other way of paying you, they can always do a money order. They are a check issued by the U.S. postal service. Once they were pretty common but not so much today. The other option is a bank check. If a check is involved, always make sure it clears as one of the scams is to send a bad check or cancel the check after the stuff has shipped. Certified checks are good but a cashier’s check is gold.
They are asking for enough to get checks printed and may be after far more than what you are selling.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
no, someone on here is looking to purchase an item, but they're saying that they can only do mobile check deposit, and asking for all my info. I told him i only accept PayPal. and that his bank won't allow him to use paypal anymore...
Don’t use them services but what about Apple Pay, venmo and some of the others? but huge big giant red flag when ‘they’ say ‘their’ bank won’t …

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
Most banks will use Zelle tagged to banks debit card. What I had to use to pay deposit for my PPF installation.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
Stay away.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
You were wise to walk away. :thumbsup:

The other party could have been completely legit, but the scams, especially the digital ones, are becoming ever more sophisticated.

Further, I know how well I'm protecting my data. But I don't know how well other Members are protecting theirs. And their accounts, phones, computers, etc.

Part of the confidence in the federal wire system stems from the dis-interested intermediaries (banks, credit unions, brokerages, etc.) that clear transactions.

Phone calls are good. It gives an opportunity for both parties to feel one another out.

When the Member's account was created, what their posting history is, can also help each end gain confidence (or not) with one another.

Last edited:
OP
OP
It's Rob

It's Rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium
Yeah. They don't have many messages(8). No profile photo. New account. It just felt sketchy.
Sponsored