• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Idle and low rpm cruising exhaust sound - warm engine

Fruitstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
In most exhaust sound Videos people rev up like crazy and don't let the RPM settle for a few seconds, or they only show cold starts.

But to me, THE most important thing is the classical unique V8 burble you can hear miles away at low RPM, I'd say my 08' did exactly this, whereas my stock 2016' was silent like a 3 zyl VW Rabbit in that mode.

Question:
How would you describe the 2024 with active exhaust in normal mode when just rolling or cruising?
Sponsored

Last edited:

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
I would agree. Part-throttle, low-rpm (but under a load) is probably the range your car is in the most, and can really sound blappy and nasty with a lot of exhausts that otherwise don't sound bad at idle or high rpms

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Depending on the gear - docile

OP
OP

Fruitstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm referring to low speed, low load, convertible top down elbow out total relaxed rolling down the boulevard, no show-off pedal kicking, just steady speed and RPM.

Edit: Deleted a video which did not represent the sound I like.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Fruitstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I checked the sound with earphones instead of just the smartphone speaker.
Doesn't sound the way I would like it to sound, maybe I'll find a better video.
Sponsored