• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Help me out!! How are ya'll tracking these railcars.......

Bethstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT
My car supposedly shipped 9/9. I've called the number everyone says to call and it gives no information. It just says its been released from the customer and ETA is unknown. I have seen people with maps of where the railcar is and I've seen printed schedules of the railcars. Where can I get this information? I've contacted my dealer and he says he can't track railcars, but the dealers last update was that the railcar was in Illinois on 9/16. I'm one of those March orderers so I'm very impatient at this point
Sponsored

10basscat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My best advice after watching mine go through this is to just watch the “last updated” date on the bottom of your tracker. It will update every time it gets scanned (picked up or dropped off). My date updated when it originally left, updated again when it got to Birmingham and then a week later updated when it got scanned to go onto a truck to the dealership.

Last edited:

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
At first I would call twice a day to get the status of the train. Released from the customer just means Ford has handed it over to the shipper (Rail car). Sometimes the cars will sit in a train waiting for a motor to tranport it "IF" it has enough vehicles.
Also you have to make sure you enter the information correctly or you can get information on a different rail car that will really confuse you. Sometimes the payback is hard to hear and a few times I couldnt get the system to understand me.

The dealership should be able to track your vehicle in real time. Some salesmen don't know anything about the process, and you need to talk to the one that does the ordering. They can track it and even send you screen shots of your vehicle's movement.

Mine left Michigan the 23rd and was released by the customer on the 25th in Illinois.
It didn't start moving again til the 27th.

Hope that helps.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
My car supposedly shipped 9/9. I've called the number everyone says to call and it gives no information. It just says its been released from the customer and ETA is unknown. I have seen people with maps of where the railcar is and I've seen printed schedules of the railcars. Where can I get this information? I've contacted my dealer and he says he can't track railcars, but the dealers last update was that the railcar was in Illinois on 9/16. I'm one of those March orderers so I'm very impatient at this point
So what your dealer says is wrong. Either they're lying because they don't want to be transparent with you and share what is technically internal/proprietary information, or the specific person you spoke with doesn't know what they're talking about (incompetence is more common than you think).

They have access to a system called VINView that can track the exact location of your car. In addition, the dealer can also reach out to the 3PL companies directly to confirm their exact location when the car is on a convoy/truck.

As far as you calling the number for the rail company, if you followed the instructions correctly and that was the status you got (its been released from the customer and ETA is unknown), it is what it is. If I had to guess, that means it hasn't been loaded into a railcar yet.

OP
OP
Bethstang

Bethstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT
So what your dealer says is wrong. Either they're lying because they don't want to be transparent with you and share what is technically internal/proprietary information, or the specific person you spoke with doesn't know what they're talking about (incompetence is more common than you think).

They have access to a system called VINView that can track the exact location of your car. In addition, the dealer can also reach out to the 3PL companies directly to confirm their exact location when the car is on a convoy/truck.

As far as you calling the number for the rail company, if you followed the instructions correctly and that was the status you got (its been released from the customer and ETA is unknown), it is what it is. If I had to guess, that means it hasn't been loaded into a railcar yet.
I thinks the car is on the way as my dealer said he got an update on 9/16 saying it was in Illinois, but he says he just can't track it. It'll get here when it gets here I suppose, it's just that I'm over this "waiting" Every time I try to pressure the dealer to give me an update or tracking my husband says I'm being mean, LOL! I guess I'll just keep waiting.......
Sponsored