• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Got My S650 Story not good (so far)

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
OK, update here and there’s some good and some disturbing craziness. So the dealer was able to fix the body panel gap issue….nice. As for the brakes, it’s like some sort of episode of the twilight zone. I posted a picture of the white double line scrape, and the service manager seems to think a rock got wedged between the caliper and the rims causing that scrape but people in the know say it’s pretty unlikely especially given that I had only driven the car 30 to 40 miles on mostly smooth back roads of southern New Hampshire. Who knows maybe it was a rock?
2 of the 4 rims were extremely badly scraped and the service manager told me that he will deal with his vendors and decide if I’m going to get new rims or resurfaced rims (nice)

On the positive, I will say that they had the car up on the lift first thing this morning, which is less than 24 hours after the situation. The service tech was very nice and understanding as was the first service writer I dealt with, but as always the good people disappear, and you get passed to other people.

The problem came when I dealt with a manager and some other facts. He told me he saw dirt and debris in the rims bolstering his “rock theory”. The major problem is that the mileage doesn’t match up. IT looks like somebody took the car out at the dealership for a joyride. I got the car with 30+ miles, which was already very sketchy, and after light driving around my town I am suddenly at 104 less than 24 hours? We did the math and it doesn’t add up. Also, the rims are covered in brake dust very different than when I brought them in. (I saw the car a few hours ago and no dirt and debris but way more brake dust then when I brought it in)

The Ford app showed that somebody was in very close proximity of my vehicle just before 10 PM on a Sunday night in the service dept!

take it or leave it but I recommend everyone be very careful when these cars are on dealer lots. Take pictures and videos of everything!
what ended up happening?
Sponsored

OP
OP
GTPony24

GTPony24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang by convertible
what ended up happening?
OK, so hopefully we can put a bow on this for now. The good news is service took the situation very seriously and they have ordered me two new rims, which should come in a few days or something. How the passenger side rear rim was so badly damaged is still a mystery since no springs popped out of the Brembo’s or the e-brake. The service manager said that there was a small ding on the E brake, where it faces the rim indicating something was lodged between the E brake and the rim so it could’ve been a rock, but the service manager said sometimes and more likely things can get kicked up into the spring compressors during transit or maybe an extra bolt from the manufacturing process was sitting somewhere in the chassis and it popped down and got wedged causing the damage. It’s just shitty luck because this happened and then the front the front driver Brembo came apart Scratching that rim, so yes, 2 rims wrecked in less than a day. As for the unaccounted mileage, service blamed sales and sales blame service. The fact is that the car was returned to them at 10 AM on a Saturday when service was closed with about 70 miles on the car, but service says that it received the car with 103 miles on it. I didn’t take any pictures of the odometer, so it’s my word versus theirs, and they can gaslight me all day.

I’m sick of dealing with it because there’s no material damage to the car (that I know about) and what am I supposed to do now anyway? A buddy of mine who is a car guy said he has heard many stories of first in class novelty cars getting over driven at dealerships because every employee wants to take it for a spin. I’ve just been driving the car and enjoying every minute of it and now it’s getting PPF with ceramic. Thanks for asking and for all the support

Rate_of_Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO, 22 Triumph Speed Twin
That's messed up - Does Ford not have location and milage tracking in the app? Even with my Volvo I can see a log of where my car went, at what time, and what the milage of the car was at the start and stop of the trip. Seems like a necessity given the likes of some of the meat heads in these service departments

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
OK, so hopefully we can put a bow on this for now. The good news is service took the situation very seriously and they have ordered me two new rims, which should come in a few days or something. How the passenger side rear rim was so badly damaged is still a mystery since no springs popped out of the Brembo’s or the e-brake. The service manager said that there was a small ding on the E brake, where it faces the rim indicating something was lodged between the E brake and the rim so it could’ve been a rock, but the service manager said sometimes and more likely things can get kicked up into the spring compressors during transit or maybe an extra bolt from the manufacturing process was sitting somewhere in the chassis and it popped down and got wedged causing the damage. It’s just shitty luck because this happened and then the front the front driver Brembo came apart Scratching that rim, so yes, 2 rims wrecked in less than a day. As for the unaccounted mileage, service blamed sales and sales blame service. The fact is that the car was returned to them at 10 AM on a Saturday when service was closed with about 70 miles on the car, but service says that it received the car with 103 miles on it. I didn’t take any pictures of the odometer, so it’s my word versus theirs, and they can gaslight me all day.

I’m sick of dealing with it because there’s no material damage to the car (that I know about) and what am I supposed to do now anyway? A buddy of mine who is a car guy said he has heard many stories of first in class novelty cars getting over driven at dealerships because every employee wants to take it for a spin. I’ve just been driving the car and enjoying every minute of it and now it’s getting PPF with ceramic. Thanks for asking and for all the support
Interested in as much as you are willing to share on PPF/ceramic coverage amount and costs associated. I am probably going to go all in on PPF and UV tint, not sure about ceramic coatings, maybe on rims.

Glad to hear things are working out for you.
Sponsored