• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Falcon XB GT Last of the 1st Gen Ford Muscle Cars

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
I stumbled across this video this morning.
Most Aussies won't find anything new, but this retrospective look back is interesting all the same.

Tony's Fords and Mustangs said:
Those of you in Australia know this car as the Falcon XB GT while many of us in the rest of the world have seen Mad Max and have wondered what this car was for a long time.

It was also surprising to find out that the 351 Cleveland in this car put out 300 horsepower and 380 Foot pound of torque in 1976!

It's one the best muscle cars Ford ever produced and one a lot of the world is this day is unaware of, we really need to change that.

It brought back a few memories of my 1977 XC Fairmont GXL with the 4.9L V8 that I had in late 80's.
Fuel economy was abysmal (jets were way too big in the Holley carb), the 3-speed auto was problematic, and brakes were terrible.
But geez, it was fun!

I got rid of it when petrol was nudging $0.60 per litre, and had my first mortgage.
And here we are... now waiting on a Mustang!
Sponsored

ZBOBMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Isn't this the car Mad Max drove? Pray that he's out there, somewhere. Ahh the memories

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Isn't this the car Mad Max drove? Pray that he's out there, somewhere. Ahh the memories
Yes!

Interesting article:
https://www.streetmachine.com.au/features/the-real-story-of-the-mad-max-xb-gt

S650 Mustang Falcon XB GT Last of the 1st Gen Ford Muscle Cars main-16

No one ever mentions it had the rectangular headlights from an XC Fairmont.
XB's (both Falcon and Fairmont) only ever had round headlights.

Sad to see how this car was left to rot, until it was restored many years after.

S650 Mustang Falcon XB GT Last of the 1st Gen Ford Muscle Cars img_5537

S650 Mustang Falcon XB GT Last of the 1st Gen Ford Muscle Cars img_0909

https://www.streetmachine.com.au/news/original-mad-max-interceptor-hits-the-market

And on Carsales right now is an '76 XB Fairmont with a 351, for only $69k + ORC. :crazy:

S650 Mustang Falcon XB GT Last of the 1st Gen Ford Muscle Cars Capture.JPG
Sponsored