• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ecoboost tuning and modding questions

AustinLenart23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
I just bought a 2018 Ecoboost performance package with 31k miles and would like to do some simple aftermarket mod installs and maybe a tune. I am new to the car scene(this is my first car). I have a lot of questions in regards to what will void warranty, what’s worth it, and risk. To start, I’m most concerned about voiding my warranty. My car is ford gold certified so I have the 12 month limited bumper to bumper warranty, and also a 7 year power and drivetrain warranty. Performance mod wise, I’d like to install a roush cai and cvf street intercooler. I’d likely pair that up with a ford performance tune so I'm somewhat coveted. Will I run into any issues with my warranty doing that? Could I just bolt on the cai and intercooler without a tune and be fine? Any help is appreciated, thank you.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Basically it boils down to: anything you touch and the repercussions caused thereby are your responsibility.