• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Base GT hard wire radar detector question

2snakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT
Has anyone wired it in the mirror on a base i know the premium has a port. Base doesnt Thanks for the replies
Sponsored

JP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Yesterday, I decided to go to the fuse box on the passenger side with the Plozoe Hardwire Kit on Amazon to install my uniden r7 with a blendmount. Used guidance from YouTube videos on a late model s550. Used the current manual to determine a similar fuse to tap. On my 2015 gt, I did the mirror tap. A lot easier back then. From my reading on this forum, it seems the USB port may be underpowered for the radar detector (didn't try myself). More importantly, it is still powered after ignition is off. I know I would forget to manually turn it off before exiting. Successfully completed this task with some prep

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Would also love to know if anyone has been able to tap into the mirror from the rear? I have a short cable with some prongs made for the mirror harness but haven't had the chance to dig into this

longjonsilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ram 1500 Laramie, 2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I was able to successfully do a mirror tap for my radar detector. I saw someone do it with a Mach E and when I pulled back the plastic housing I saw the same wiring configuration for the Mustang. I used the white for the hot (red) and the black for the ground and my radar detector now powers up when I start the vehicle. I have a GT Premium.

For reference, this was the thread I saw on the Mach E site: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...cam-switched-12v-diy-writeup.3952/post-122401
Sponsored