• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Apple CarPlay & Pandora

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
The last two days I have noticed that my iPhone battery is draining faster than normal. I check app usage and find Pandora at the top of the list with 70% usage! I don’t use Pandora on a regular basis. I tried it once in the car just to see if it worked. Somehow my GT fires up Pandora when I get in the car even if I’m not using it.
How do I get this to stop?
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
The last two days I have noticed that my iPhone battery is draining faster than normal. I check app usage and find Pandora at the top of the list with 70% usage! I don’t use Pandora on a regular basis. I tried it once in the car just to see if it worked. Somehow my GT fires up Pandora when I get in the car even if I’m not using it.
How do I get this to stop?
Out of curiosity are you using the phone as a mobile hotspot and if so does the car connect to it?

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Out of curiosity are you using the phone as a mobile hotspot and if so does the car connect to it?
No.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can also see by hour (touch hour) which is using how much vs overall average.

Sometimes carplay is weird like, any chance pandora was the last place or audio you listened to via carplay? As in listened to audio using carplay and then switched to sync sometimes carplay takes over when it gets a connection.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can also see by hour (touch hour) which is using how much vs overall average.

Sometimes carplay is weird like, any chance pandora was the last place or audio you listened to via carplay? As in listened to audio using carplay and then switched to sync sometimes carplay takes over when it gets a connection.
I think you're onto something here. I tried it once just to see if it works, then I moved onto something else.
I plan to sit in my car and then check the phone to see which app is in use. I have turned off Cellular data for Pandora, just in case.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I know on my Android Auto it automatically opens up Pandora and sort of keeps it on pause as soon as I start up the car. I think there's a setting that you can tell it not to do that if you prefer. Google Maps does the same thing - automatically running while AA is active.

But as far as battery life I haven't noticed any issues. It seems normal, but I tend to always have Pandora running in any car I drive.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know on my Android Auto it automatically opens up Pandora and sort of keeps it on pause as soon as I start up the car. I think there's a setting that you can tell it not to do that if you prefer. Google Maps does the same thing - automatically running while AA is active.

But as far as battery life I haven't noticed any issues. It seems normal, but I tend to always have Pandora running in any car I drive.
Sorta makes sense. The battery drain is what caught my eye

S650 Mustang Apple CarPlay & Pandora IMG_2094.PNG

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorta makes sense. The battery drain is what caught my eye

IMG_2094.PNG
Tap a time slot that you are in the car to see what was running during that time.

S650 Mustang Apple CarPlay & Pandora IMG_1685

Reactions: DCS
OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tap a time slot that you are in the car to see what was running during that time.

IMG_1685.png
Pandora pops to the top of the list.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It appears that each time I get in my car with my iPhone, the battery level drops quite rapidly. Pandora is always at the top of the list. I have turned off "Cellular Data" for Pandora and have ensured that my iPhone is not acting as a "Hotspot".
I am going to uninstall Pandora and see what happens.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It appears that each time I get in my car with my iPhone, the battery level drops quite rapidly. Pandora is always at the top of the list. I have turned off "Cellular Data" for Pandora and have ensured that my iPhone is not acting as a "Hotspot".
I am going to uninstall Pandora and see what happens.
Don’t forget about background data / app refresh.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t forget about background data / app refresh.
I had to look that one up! I originally thought that was to just update the app - NOT the content.
I'll try that first before deleting the app. However, if that's the culprit, why wasn't it draining the cell phone battery when NOT in the car?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had to look that one up! I originally thought that was to just update the app - NOT the content.
I'll try that first before deleting the app. However, if that's the culprit, why wasn't it draining the cell phone battery when NOT in the car?
Does the reception drop when placed in it’s spot in the car?

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)