• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Alignment Specs

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
Recently got lowered on steeda sport progressive springs & camber bolts. For some reason I have 8° of caster on passenger side and 7.1° on driver side. I know around 7° is normal from factory. I’m getting vibrations through the steering wheel when braking mildy at around 60+ mph. Could this be cause of caster angle? Everything is tightened. May switch to camber plates to get it more in spec. What is everyone else’s alignment specs looking like?
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
It could be anything. Warped rotor, tire cord problem, suspension or as you suggest, alignment. Keep an open mind because sometimes problems like that are difficult to find because you can't see them when they are failing.

Mustangbuc85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang(ordered) 02 mustang, 14 f250
Recently got lowered on steeda sport progressive springs & camber bolts. For some reason I have 8° of caster on passenger side and 7.1° on driver side. I know around 7° is normal from factory. I’m getting vibrations through the steering wheel when braking mildy at around 60+ mph. Could this be cause of caster angle? Everything is tightened. May switch to camber plates to get it more in spec. What is everyone else’s alignment specs looking like?
that definitely just sounds like brake pulsation. while caster sounds high its still close enough to factory spec that i dont suspect that is the cause. you would feel the vibration driving normally but not just under braking conditions. steering wheel shimmy likely means front rotors

OP
OP
Stang24

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
that definitely just sounds like brake pulsation. while caster sounds high its still close enough to factory spec that i dont suspect that is the cause. you would feel the vibration driving normally but not just under braking conditions. steering wheel shimmy likely means front rotors
Interesting. What should I check for on the rotors? They’re not warped. I checked them and the shop checked them as well and said they’re good. I don’t beat on the car like that I don’t see why they’d get warped.

Mustangbuc85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang(ordered) 02 mustang, 14 f250
Interesting. What should I check for on the rotors? They’re not warped. I checked them and the shop checked them as well and said they’re good. I don’t beat on the car like that I don’t see why they’d get warped.
unless they have huge heat spots in them you wouldnt likely be able to tell if they are warped but just looking at them. they would have to be put on a brake lathe and cut/turned. it doesnt take much now days to get to the point it pulsates. hell weve thrown on new rotors that have pulsated from the start unfortunatley
Sponsored