• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Alexa Usage

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Vapor Blue Mustang GT Premium 401A 6 Speed
Any of you guys using Alexa in your Mustangs? Is it worth it to use or a hassle? I use to have an Amazon acct but closed it because of all of their BS that they support. Just wondering using Alexa is an advantage or is it better to do without. Please advise... Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Ha! That is neat. I didn't know Alexa was integrated in the new models. Cool. Now you can shop and speed down the highway at the same time. The future is here! LOL
IDK I don't really use voice command functions anyway on my cars, I would never use it but I think for a lot of folks it would be a handy piece of technology.

JoesProGTO

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Pro Street 74 GTO, 2024 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
I use Alexa to play music, help navigate (you can ask her to navigate to a site and she sets it up in the navigation for you), find out weather, sports scores….etc while driving. Personally, I really like having “her” there. Nice feature is that because she has access to the screen, she often brings up graphics in her responses. 👍

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I decided to try it and it is nice to get things like the weather. Road reports (now that Sirius doesn't have them) can be nice but she is finicky about how you ask for them.
What I can't figure out is how to change the address she uses. Apparently she is using an address for my office that is 8 years old. I can't find any way to change it - tried it on my phone in the Alexa app but she is not using that new address. And I can't find any way to change it online.

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Premium GT, Vapor Blue, Nite Pony Pkg
I'm a fan of it. Being able to bring up a specific song or band to play is a very nice feature.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I try to avoid using Amazon these days so there is no way I'll use Alexa.

I haven't set my car up yest but I thought there was a ford voice command that would do many things, I'd look into that.
Sponsored