• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Advice on Front Bumper Removal?

TOXIC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I recently took the bumper off to do an RTR grille swap and after watching a few videos, it seams one of the only ways to actually remove it require basically prying it off with a crowbar to remove it where it is attached to the fender. They say put painters tape down first (which i did) and low and behold - I now have two chips in my fender anyway. Its completely my fault for not being careful enough.. BUT this wont be my last time taking the bumper off. In fact I have new parts coming in soon. So my question is, does anyone know of any better way to get it off then prying it from the fender? Or tips and tricks.. I might just be slow :/ . Thanks!
Sponsored

Lightningwings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Use plastic trim removal tools to pry it out. Plastic tools will not scratch your paint very easily, Do not use a metal crowbar or a metal flathead screwdriver as metal scratches paint effortlessly.

You can pick up plastic trim removal tools from your local hardware store.
Sponsored