• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Hmm that's another kicker if I miss my current allocation. To save 5k and get th car 5 months later, which will actually be about 10 months from now or get an FN within the next month.... :S :S
It depends on the Dealer, and if they are quoting on a current Allocation - as to the Wait Time, but mine is July as a worst case scenario, and he suggested it will probably be May.

I can understand your hesitation for the MY24, and lets face it, the FN is a fantastic car (especially from the MY21.5), and after confronted with the inflated pricing (the US equivalent Config' had an insignificant US$150 increase over the MY23) and the significant Power reduction over the US MY24 (Gen 4) Coyote (when there was a minimal difference between the Gen 3 My2018-2023 US & Aust Coyote V8), and a 6 Nm Reduction over our previous FN GT, I must admit I have lost 90% of my enthusiasm.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Danstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
It depends on the Dealer, and if they are quoting on a current Allocation - as to the Wait Time, but mine is July as a worst case scenario, and he suggested it will probably be May.

I can understand your hesitation for the MY24, and lets face it, the FN is a fantastic car (especially from the MY21.5), and after confronted with the inflated pricing (the US equivalent Config' had an insignificant US$150 increase over the MY23) and the significant Power reduction over the US MY24 (Gen 4) Coyote (when there was a minimal difference between the Gen 3 My2018-2023 US & Aust Coyote V8), and a 6 Nm Reduction over our previous FN GT, I must admit I have lost 90% of my enthusiasm.
What's the benefits of a MY21.5 over MY20 ?

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's the benefits of a MY21.5 over MY20 ?
The My21.5 Mustang has
(1) Remote Start from your Key Fob and Phone / Computer. (I start it from my lounge room and by the time I get downstairs the car has warmed up and the Air-con or Heater has kicked in)
(2) FordPassConnect : "Every 2021 Mustang comes fitted with an embedded
modem known as FordPassConnect. Using the FordPass App on your smartphone,5. you can locate your vehicle, lock and unlock the doors, and even start the engine remotely
to heat or cool the cabin to the last known setting." It also remotely gives you your Tyre Pressures, Fuel Leved and Range, and Odometer reading.

Danstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
The My21.5 Mustang has
(1) Remote Start from your Key Fob and Phone / Computer. (I start it from my lounge room and by the time I get downstairs the car has warmed up and the Air-con or Heater has kicked in)
modem known as FordPassConnect. Using the FordPass
App on your smartphone,5. you can locate your vehicle,
lock and unlock the doors, and even start the engine remotely
to heat or cool the cabin to the last known setting."
I did read about that stuff, but thank you for explaining that in detail. Now you've made me want to only look at MY21.5 and beyond (previously was looking at 2nd hand from MY20 +)

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
The My21.5 Mustang has
modem known as FordPassConnect. Using the FordPass App on your smartphone,5. you can locate your vehicle, lock and unlock the doors, and even start the engine remotely
to heat or cool the cabin to the last known setting." It also remotely gives you your Tyre Pressures, Fuel Leved and Range, and Odometer reading.
Steve, when did the Line Lock appear on the Aussie S550s?
I thought it was around early 2022 ish, if that was the MY21.5 reaching our shores then.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Has anyone else noticed?

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Capture2.JPG

With Job 2, the US GT now gets stop/start, something that was missing from Job 1. :shock:

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Capture.JPG

Our 1st and second allocations are a part of Job 2, however there was no reference to the stop/start system with the Aussie GTs.

Has anyone had any information from their dealer about this?
This is something I can definitely do without! :curse:

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
Has anyone else noticed?

Capture2.JPG

With Job 2, the US GT now gets stop/start, something that was missing from Job 1. :shock:

Capture.JPG

Our 1st and second allocations are a part of Job 2, however there was no reference to the stop/start system with the Aussie GTs.

I would definitely have to get that disabled. The most annoying thing ever on a car.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone else noticed?

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

BUGGER !!! Well Spotted - Thanks. Is that button to Disable that Stop/Start B/S ?

An annoyance that lets hope is easily disabled (via that button?), although I read somewhere where it defaults to ON every time the car is started to meet fuel economy & Emissions compliance B/S.

BigCatMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered - MY24 Mustang GT Vapour Blue Black Pk 6MT
Very easy to permanently disable (and you don’t need to go into the OBD port). Surprised that the photo shows a manual with stop/start. Most manufacturers only fit it to autos.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone else noticed?

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

I checked the Brochure (pic below) and FoA Press release, and could find no mention of the dreaded Stop/Start system, but that could be an oversight (deliberate or otherwise!)

I also hope that red Start/Stop Button will be reversed and shifted to right like the previous FM & FN - on a $90,000 car !!!!

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule 1700260708821

FoA 2024 Mustang Press Release: Ford Australia Confirms Pricing and Specifications for Seventh-Generation Mustang | Australia | Ford Media Center
2024 Aust Mustang Brochure: All-New Mustang_AUS_Brochure.pdf (ford.com)

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very easy to permanently disable (and you don’t need to go into the OBD port). Surprised that the photo shows a manual with stop/start. Most manufacturers only fit it to autos.
I hope you are correct about easily permanently disabling it. To quote Pauline, could you "Please Explain"?

BigCatMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered - MY24 Mustang GT Vapour Blue Black Pk 6MT
I hope you are correct about easily permanently disabling it. To quote Pauline, could you "Please Explain"?
There’s several conditions which prevent the engine from shutting down when auto stop/start is “on”. One of those is battery voltage. Generally there is a battery voltage sensor connected directly to the positive terminal of the battery specifically for stop/start. Disconnect the connector on that sensor and voila!

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There’s several conditions which prevent the engine from shutting down when auto stop/start is “on”. One of those is battery voltage. Generally there is a battery voltage sensor connected directly to the positive terminal of the battery specifically for stop/start. Disconnect the connector on that sensor and voila!
Thanks, there is probably a dedicated Fuse also - however could be a risk of a permanent "Error" msg ?