• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 GT With Co-Pilot360 Assist - Craig's Custom Mustang License Plate Bracket?

FlipperTheDolphin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
First post here - this forum helped a lot with my research before purchasing my first ever mustang! Am now here with my first question.

Has anyone with the Co-Pilot360 Assist used one Craig's custom license plate bracket found here? If so - any interference/problems with radar cruise control?

From my understanding the sensor for the radar cruise control is in the center of the lower front grille (the grey rectangle in the product photos below). In the pictures for Craig's custom bracket, it looks like the plate would slightly cover this sensor.

I'm trying to get some clarity before ordering this - only $60 and is my preferred method to mount the front plate, but want to be able to use radar cruise control. I emailed Craig asking this, and though he could not confirm that it wouldn't interfere with the sensor, he noted that nobody has reported issues.

I live in a state that requires the front plate, and while I realize many people get lucky without running one, I would rather not deal with a reason to get pulled over or the fine. The other options are:
  • dealer drills into the front bumper to install their bracket...would prefer not to have my new bumper drilled into
  • STO N SHO bracket - my problem with this one is it sits off to the side on the lower lip to not block the sensor - I think the license plate looks much better centered (horizontally and vertically), and don't want something that will scrape on steep driveways
  • tow hook mount isn't an option as my understanding is that the non-PP models do not have an actual tow hook behind the cover

S650 Mustang 2024 GT With Co-Pilot360 Assist - Craig's Custom Mustang License Plate Bracket? 1707076301624

S650 Mustang 2024 GT With Co-Pilot360 Assist - Craig's Custom Mustang License Plate Bracket? 1707076324160
Sponsored

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Vapor Blue Mustang GT Premium 401A 6 Speed
Yeah.... I would be a little concerned about that mount interfering with the sensors. I have the Sto & Sho and I like it. Took 10 minutes to install and have had no problems with clearances. Plus who knows what kind of damage the adhesive will do to the paint over time or will it "unstick" itself after a period of time.

jeffnudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Prem. Conv., 2022 Mav Hy XLT
I ordered one from Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets. It is supposed to arrive today and I am planning to install it tomorrow. I will come back and reply again after putting some miles on it.

OP
OP
FlipperTheDolphin

FlipperTheDolphin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I ordered one from Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets. It is supposed to arrive today and I am planning to install it tomorrow. I will come back and reply again after putting some miles on it.
Hi, just curious what your thoughts are after running it for the past week?

jeffnudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well...as often happens, life got in the way. I just completed the install this afternoon. I will be running some errands tomorrow, and will provide some feedback later in the day. I have already figured out how to raise the plate about 1-1/4", if necessary. But I will wait until I see if the stock position causes a problem with the adaptive cruise control.

I will say that the installation was pretty simple. It took less than half an hour, and that was double and triple measuring locations...just to make sure I got it centered. Probably could have done it in half the time.

jeffnudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did some driving around today. I installed the kit just as it came and it does appear to block a small portion of the area where the radar is located. However, in traffic, both heavy and light, I drove around with the adaptive cruise control activated. I varied the gap setting several times between 1 and 4, and I did not notice any degradation in the performance of the system.

I may still raise the plate by an inch or so for aesthetic reasons, but the system seems to work fine as it is.

Just adding a note: I would recommend this bracket over others I have seen because it puts the plate in the center. I don't like the offset on some of the brackets.

Last edited:

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I've had a Craig's Custom Mustang Bracket mounted since early Nov. No issues at all. Highway and city driving.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
There are two other solutions posted on this site. One person used home Depot L brackets and existing bolts to mount the plate off to the side. Not everybody can do the second but if you have a tow hook, they make a mounting that can use that. I have seen Ford build sheets that indicate something is available from Ford. What it is and how it works, I don't have a clue and would be interested in knowing more. I don't have a front plate so I only can repeat what I read.

OP
OP
FlipperTheDolphin

FlipperTheDolphin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Did some driving around today. I installed the kit just as it came and it does appear to block a small portion of the area where the radar is located. However, in traffic, both heavy and light, I drove around with the adaptive cruise control activated. I varied the gap setting several times between 1 and 4, and I did not notice any degradation in the performance of the system.

I may still raise the plate by an inch or so for aesthetic reasons, but the system seems to work fine as it is.

Just adding a note: I would recommend this bracket over others I have seen because it puts the plate in the center. I don't like the offset on some of the brackets.
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that it works with no noticeable affect on the radar cruise control. Looks like on Craig's site they are closed until later this week, but I'll be ordering once once they open back up. Glad to hear it also sounds like it's easy to raise a bit if wanted for aesthetic reasons.

jeffnudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that it works with no noticeable affect on the radar cruise control. Looks like on Craig's site they are closed until later this week, but I'll be ordering once once they open back up. Glad to hear it also sounds like it's easy to raise a bit if wanted for aesthetic reasons.
As far aesthetics, I bought a cheap black plastic frame that surrounds the plate and it looks a lot more finished. (That would have happened no matter what bracket I bought.) I think raising it would actually not improve it.

jeffnudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a couple of pics of the plate with and without the frame.
S650 Mustang 2024 GT With Co-Pilot360 Assist - Craig's Custom Mustang License Plate Bracket? Plate Bracket copy
S650 Mustang 2024 GT With Co-Pilot360 Assist - Craig's Custom Mustang License Plate Bracket? HoodGaps

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Personally I plan to go with the Sto-N-Sho off-center mount with the intention of rarely if ever putting the plate on the car. Figure I'll have it sitting on the floor and if I get pulled over I'll just say I forgot to put it on and here it is and I'm happy to put it back on right now officer. I know it doesn't look great sitting off center but that has the least chance of interfering with the CoPilot sensors, and like I said regardless of what mount I get I rarely intend to have it on there.
Sponsored