• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

10k miles update

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
I got a slight tick AFTER my first oil change at 1,200 miles. I used 1 container of Ceratec and it went away almost immediately. Used Ceratec in my S550 too and it worked wonders on my Gen-1 Coyote. Had my S650 since August and currently at about 5K miles and drive as much as the weather allows me.
could you link us to the ceratec product please? Thanks
Sponsored

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@OP - any other issues like rattle?!

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
thank you! Will pick it up.
An additional query-

a. Do we add this after topping up with new motor oil or do we add this after draining the old oil out, adding Cera Tec and then adding the new motor oil?

Thank you!
Ideally, add it in once you've topped it off with new oil. After your first oil change is a great time to do it since you've gone past the break in period. It is a friction modifier, so it utilizes the existing friction energy to ensure flowing. Continue to do it after each oil change. 300ML per 5 liters of oil but I just use one container since it resolves the tic symptoms.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks mate! Much appreciated! Will keep you posted on how it goes!

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
alright! First oil change done after 1400 odd miles and the oil looked pretty clean even though I pushed her pretty hard after a 1000 miles!!! The percentage of oil left as per the “gauge cluster” was 69, but I noticed I started to get that bbq tick once a while recently.
The oil change was 9.75 qts and half a bottle of the ceratech and the bbq tick seems to have goneski!!!!

will still monitor - but the motor seems to run smoother with the ceratech. Recommended for sure! Thank you @JediMindTrix!!
Sponsored

Last edited: