• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How many are regretting

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
There's nothing wrong with the car, though. And he didn't buy one yet AFAIK. Even if he did, this is something you can easily see before buying.

But again, there is nothing wrong and this isn't a defect.
That is the guy who spammed the board with a GoFundMe account to pay for a S650.

In fact, I'm pretty sure they were banned once before for trolling. For the life of me, I can't figure out how/why they are allowed back.
Sponsored

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a bad angle/photo. From your seat while driving, the other areas are blocked by the steering wheel, making any graphics there useless. This photo was taken from the steering wheel view instead of the driver seat view lol
I must agree. Photos don't really do the screens justice, as they don't look nearly as bad in-person.

And this is from someone who was very critical of the screens at first on this forum.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually considered the 24 when I bought my 23 last month. I wasn't thrilled with the idea of buying a new design and the new dash was the clincher. My wife's platinum Escape has the same type of screen control and the salesman told her that if the screen failed, there were no "hard" controls for the heat and fan. I also liked the throwback design that the dash on the 23 had.
Definitely a legitimate concern.

I made peace with it by just opting to buy the Extended Service Plan, which would cover the cost to repair the screens.

As much as I like the S550, I already owned it once before (I wanted something different) and it will depreciate quite a bit as more S650s hit the lots/streets.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean
I mean, have you have severe issues with yours? If it's just something where you're seeing issues on the forums, don't worry my friend. Forums are literally a beacon for people complaining, you're far more likely to hear about issues here than in the real world. Doesn't matter what the brand is, if you go on Toyota forums, there are already dozens of stories of people who've had to replace the engines in their brand new Tundras. That doesn't mean it's happening to everyone, or even the majority of people.

My maverick hybrid was essentially a first model year, even the first model year mavericks are some of the most reliable trucks on sale. The only issue I've had is some rattling in the dash, which can apparently be rectified with some well placed insulation. One of the reasons why the maverick was so reliable from day one, is because it uses components that have been around for years, over a decade in the case of the 2.5 hybrid and 2.0 ecoboost. So it's a new car, but the parts aren't new.

It's the same thing with the s650. Basically everything is just a tweaked version of what the s550 has. So you're quite unlikely to see major issues with the s650. The Honda you're referring to had quite a few transmission issues, a common theme for Hondas, but that's because it was a brand new transmission design at the time if memory serves correct. You don't have to worry about that with the mustang.
Good points.

Although Ford wants to market it otherwise, the S650 is really more of a S550 refresh than an entirely new generation.

Even with the S550, in hindsight, it really didn't have major quality issues. I had a 2018 and there wasn't a single recall on it.

GTPony24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang by convertible
I have no regrets and I love the car. Sure, I have had some serious QC problems as I probably got one of the earliest builds delivered on September 7. One of my brembos came apart damaging the rim, and the car had some panel gap fitment issues. However, the dealership was great about dealing with all of this and they fixed everything perfectly, even sending the car to a body shop to get panels adjusted and reshaped. It was stressful, but it steals the show at every cars and coffee and the smiles on my kids faces are worth every penny.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I’ve owned many cars over the years.

Subaru had a cracked head under 100k
Ford Festiva blew a hole in the piston at 50k miles.
Ram 2500 blew the EGR cooler at 40k and transmission at 60k. Replacement blew in 5k miles.
Subaru Forester windshield cracked the day after purchasing. Replacement cracked after a week. Back hatch sometimes would open sometimes wouldn’t.
BMW X3 (10 Months ago). Custom order came in with scratched windshield and scratched wheel. Took 4 months to get a replacement windshield.

I don’t care what manufacturer you deal with, there are going to be a given number of cars with problems. I hate it that your windshield is leaking and you don’t like the transmission. Maybe you have a lemon, but it really sounds more like a couple of relatively minor issues. But enough cars and you’ll deal with it from every manufacturer.
I agree. I've had many new cars in my lifetime and I've had issues with almost all of them at some point or another. Admittedly, I've never had problems with a brand new car with only 300+ mile on the odometer that had to sit at the dealership for a week. There are a number of contributing factors for me, the most obvious being my age. I've been a "gear head" for over 60 years. I'm a little overwhelmed by all the electronic gadgetry. I've also never had to wait 5 1/2 months for a new car, with the exception of my 1970 SS 396 Nova. I'm accustomed to ordering a car and having it within 6-8 weeks. I know. I know. It's not the 1960's or 1970's anymore. Lastly, I think I might finally be growing up. My "need for speed" has greatly diminished the last couple of years. It had been nearly 2 years since I sold my Z06 and ordered my Mustang. Maybe I thought I'd rekindle something I'd lost when I sold it. Fact of the matter is I think I've just lost that lovin' feeling for performance cars.

Last edited:

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Ok, you are getting the dark horse. Sorry! You would think they would have let you have had it any color you wanted
no worries. i already have it. me too, i was throwing around the idea of getting it wrapped or re-painted, but both of those options are expensive and have their downsides (wraps are kinda temporary, re-paint would make the color code inaccurate)

ItMeMatP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I have 1500km on mine and I have just a couple gripes.

1. This one may be my fault just because I'm not used to it, but my other car is a chrysler 300 (V6) and I could get 600km+ on a full tank. With the mustang using more has and having a much smaller tank, I get maybe 350km. I'm not upset to much about the fuel economy, I just wish it had a bigger tank. But maybe the size is normal for coupes?

2. I have the 401A with the Bang and Olufsen speakers. When I first started driving the car I thought something was up with the sound. I wasn't sure if it was that I didn't like it or just had a different profile. But on the weekend I hopped out of my 300 (which mind you has a Beats Audio system but I don't consider that to be all that premium) and right into the mustang playing the same song and that opened my eyes. I truly think the audio in the mustang is just bad. I've tried playing with the balance and the EQ but I can't get it to a point that I like. I would go as far to say as my base model 2021 Silverado has a better audio profile than this, minus a lack of subwoofer.

Jmatech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2034 Mustang Dark Horse
I picked up my Dark Horse about 1.5 weeks ago and I absolutely love it! It is my dream car, wanted a Mustang since I was 16 and now I have one. Talk about an attention getter! at least 3 times I have had people approach me asking if they can take a picture, or people videoing me flagging me down to ask me about it. I'm in love...

now that said I would like to know more about this so-called windshield leak issue, where is it leaking? would love to know what to look for just in case.

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
That is the guy who spammed the board with a GoFundMe account to pay for a S650.

In fact, I'm pretty sure they were banned once before for trolling. For the life of me, I can't figure out how/why they are allowed back.
Who are you talking about?