• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Interior for right hand drive markets - PLEASE!

nickycohen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Manual, Land Rover Defender D300
I live in Australia where we drive on the "other" side of the road. I have a manual 2019 GT which I love - EXCEPT fo the fact that I need to virtually dislocate my elbow to pull up the handbrake, and the cup holders are useless because you can't change gear without knocking over anything in the cupholder. PLEASE, Ford, we pay more than double what this car costs in the USA... If you managed to adapt everything else in the interior for the right-hand-drive market, why not the handbrake and cup holders? It can't be that hard!
Sponsored

WHTHRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 mustang gt
While I agree, I’d just be happy to have any Australian info/specs/pricing etc.
surely it’s not that difficult 🤷🏻‍♂️

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
I've always wondered why the center console wasn't properly mirrored for RHD, other than to save a few measly bucks.

This would be a perfect after market item - somebody?

The fact the S650 hand brake is electronic should mean less force required to activate, and there won't be the usual wire cable ratchet mechanism to battle with.

This also assumes we get the drift brake version, and not this version;

S650 Mustang Interior for right hand drive markets - PLEASE! 1678751061633-

Considering line lock was late to arrive in Australia (was it the MY22) for the S550, it wouldn't be a shock to see us with the above.

I also want a manual, and the cup holders appear to useless in real world use.

Last edited:

Race Control

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT A Platinum Tri Coat
I’m a 70 yo Aussie and have no issue with the handbrake position. Keeps me limber I reckon.

Just happy Australia gets this factory RHD and its still ICE - not EV Like Challenger and Camaro.

What I would like is simple:
1. US spec contrasting interior colours - the white / charcoal looks amazing
2. EcoBoost Convertible. And before anybody claims they are not a real Mustang I have three things to say.
1. Mustang has ALWAYS - since 1964.5 - had a small engine option;
2. I have had ELEVEN S550 G.T.’s.
3. In the current world financial climate an EcoBoost makes sense to me.

So come on Ford Au, bring the EB Conv and please import some better interior colours.

OP
OP
nickycohen

nickycohen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m a 70 yo Aussie and have no issue with the handbrake position. Keeps me limber I reckon.

Just happy Australia gets this factory RHD and its still ICE - not EV Like Challenger and Camaro.

2. EcoBoost Convertible. And before anybody claims they are not a real Mustang I have three things to say.

So come on Ford Au, bring the EB Conv and please import some better interior colours.

I agree with you about the seat options. I'm liking the red / charcoal. I think us oldies might fit better in the Recaro seats. I'm happy with mine but the back rest is way too narrow for bigger folk. Each to his / her own, but I still get a thrill every time I start that V8 engine. Practically and economically it doesn't make much sense, but then neither does the rest of the car. I certainly didn't buy mine thinking anything about it made sense, but for how much longer will such indulgences be available?

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
Front facing camera would be nice. I've had many close encounters with those stupid bump stops in carparks...

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hell yea!

I remember the outrage in 2015 when a group of us early adopters found out that the handbrake wasn't going to be flipped for RHD, I think we even entertained starting a petition! Other than being a little awkward to pull up, it doesn't bother me one bit. I like to tell people "they didn't bother to move the handbrake, it is Ford after all" :cwl:

OP
OP
nickycohen

nickycohen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hell yea!

I remember the outrage in 2015 when a group of us early adopters found out that the handbrake wasn't going to be flipped for RHD, I think we even entertained starting a petition! Other than being a little awkward to pull up, it doesn't bother me one bit. I like to tell people "they didn't bother to move the handbrake, it is Ford after all" :cwl:
It's more the position of the cupholders, because you really can't change gear without your elbow hitting whatever is in them. I had a 2015 model as well but it was an auto, and so it wasn't really an issue.
Sponsored