• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Oil Catch Cans

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Did the dual UPRs on mine.
Sponsored

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I went with UPR. I don’t believe there are benefits over any particular brands. I personally think UPR looks the best and of high quality compared to other options on the market. It definitely is not the easiest to service with the strut tower bar right over the catch can. Small price to pay though.
Exactly!

FarNorth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
Each time I look up catch cans I only see passenger side it’s hard to find a driver side. Is this because the passenger side spews more oil and driver side isn’t really needed? Please advise.

ZL1_1LE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT, 24 Eco , 22 ZL1_1LE, 21 Rubicon
Not sure which brand you are looking for but here is a link,
https://www.uprproducts.com/2024-mustang-gt-plug-n-play-clean-side-catch-can/
You can also go to American Muscle, CJ Pony Parts and other vendors and they carry both. If you are just daily driving most people will recommended just Passenger side (dirty Side) but of you are tracking they recommend both. I run both passenger and driver side.

FarNorth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang

ZL1_1LE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you…
Is the driver side really needed? I’m not a zoom zoom person.
that depends who you talk to, some people will tell you no, and some people swear by them. It is all about personal preference. The only reason I run one on mine is because i track my car and have experienced some blow by on my previous Mustangs. Me personally if i wasn't tracking my car I would just run passenger side and call it good.

FarNorth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
that depends who you talk to, some people will tell you no, and some people swear by them. It is all about personal preference. The only reason I run one on mine is because i track my car and have experienced some blow by on my previous Mustangs. Me personally if i wasn't tracking my car I would just run passenger side and call it good.
Great, thanks for the reply….. I’ll just go with the passenger side for now. I had one on my 2012 V6 and it never trapped anything, but I want to be safe.

ZL1_1LE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great, thanks for the reply….. I’ll just go with the passenger side for now. I had one on my 2012 V6 and it never trapped anything, but I want to be safe.
Do you have a GT or Eco?? If its an ECO most people will recommend running it on the driver side.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
UPR dual system here. Love the quality. I have had "others".. Go with UPR.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Each time I look up catch cans I only see passenger side it’s hard to find a driver side. Is this because the passenger side spews more oil and driver side isn’t really needed? Please advise.
Only if you’re boosted.

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt & 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Why is no one out there making a catch can that can be easier to service than what's currently on the market? Should be as easy as unscrewing the holding container & emptying it or put a damn drain hole & plug in it! WTH!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Why is no one out there making a catch can that can be easier to service than what's currently on the market? Should be as easy as unscrewing the holding container & emptying it or put a damn drain hole & plug in it! WTH!
Uummmm… should drain back into the pan.

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt & 2024 Dark Horse Premium