• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
Does anyone see why the DH wouldn't be able to handle 1000 HP if the GT handles 800-850HP?
At the wheels? Personally I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be capable of handling that type of power. If you had a proper fuel system, injectors and tuning on it you should be good to go. I base this on past experience on the Gen 3 cars. My 2018 10 speed car made 1100rwhp+ on the stock motor with the only mods to the engine being a Boundary oil pump gear and crank sprocket. It was a pre production Gen 5 3.0l kit from Whipple on there as well. I went 8.64@157 with that car cutting consistent 1.27 60fts. So if the Gen 3 could do that my thoughts are it won’t be a problem for the new GT and DH.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
@LethalPerformance...

Do you know if the Dark Horse is still going to get it's own kit? I saw a post by Ford Performance a while ago saying it was coming soon but nothing since. I assume with the stronger internals they may be able to squeeze a little more out of the DH?

So if it's due... would it make sense for DH owners to hang tight for a while? Or will it be basically the same kit with a different tune, and will that tune be available to any DH owners who might buy a 'GT' kit now? :whew: :crackup:
Will that tune be available to any DH owners who might buy a 'GT' kit now? 🤯
Sponsored