• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sync 4 - Automatic Screen Crash and Restart While Driving

itsmeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium with 401A Group
Hi all,

I've been driving my 2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium with the 401a package daily for nearly four months now. Overall, the ride is quite smooth, except for a noticeable rattling sound and an issue with the Infotainment System.

My vehicle's entertainment system frequently crashes during phone calls or music playback while I'm on the road, occurring approximately twice a week. When this crash happens and the infotainment system restarts, the rearview camera doesn't show the car reverse guidelines (usually appears when you shift your gear to Reverse Gear).

Additionally, my Apple CarPlay connection fails to establish on a daily basis. To address this issue, I've discovered a workaround involving toggling the connection between my phone and music and then switching back to CarPlay to establish a successful connection. However, even after connecting, there's an ongoing problem where music plays, but the sound doesn't come from the speakers.

Every week, as I diligently check for system updates, it consistently indicates that the software is up to date. However, I'm uncertain about the source of the issue. Has anyone else encountered a similar situation, and if so, do you have any suggestions on what I can do about it?

Thanks and Regards,
Chandra Kanth
Sponsored

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Hi all,

I've been driving my 2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium with the 401a package daily for nearly four months now. Overall, the ride is quite smooth, except for a noticeable rattling sound and an issue with the Infotainment System.

My vehicle's entertainment system frequently crashes during phone calls or music playback while I'm on the road, occurring approximately twice a week. When this crash happens and the infotainment system restarts, the rearview camera doesn't show the car reverse guidelines (usually appears when you shift your gear to Reverse Gear).

Additionally, my Apple CarPlay connection fails to establish on a daily basis. To address this issue, I've discovered a workaround involving toggling the connection between my phone and music and then switching back to CarPlay to establish a successful connection. However, even after connecting, there's an ongoing problem where music plays, but the sound doesn't come from the speakers.

Every week, as I diligently check for system updates, it consistently indicates that the software is up to date. However, I'm uncertain about the source of the issue. Has anyone else encountered a similar situation, and if so, do you have any suggestions on what I can do about it?

Thanks and Regards,
Chandra Kanth
Have you reported it to the dealer?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Hi all,

Thanks and Regards,
Chandra Kanth
Hi, Chandra! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this infotainment concern? Thank you!

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Hi, Chandra! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this infotainment concern? Thank you!
Wondering if there is any word or information on any updates that will be coming to the software? Similar to what is noted in a similar post/poll, many are experiencing disconnects and connection issues. I deal with issues connecting wirelessly and disconnecting multiple times a day.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wondering if there is any word or information on any updates that will be coming to the software? Similar to what is noted in a similar post/poll, many are experiencing disconnects and connection issues. I deal with issues connecting wirelessly and disconnecting multiple times a day.
In the software industry, this stuff is supposed to be "Beta" tested by volunteers who know what they are doing so they can feed back to the developers "intelligent" information. Guess what. WE are the Beta testers!

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I've been having the same issues! I took mine to the dealership and was told there wasn't anything I could do but wait on Ford to update the system. That was a month ago. It still freezes during phone calls or switching drive modes. I have do disconnect and reconnect alot during a call.

OP
OP
itsmeck

itsmeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium with 401A Group
It has been some time, and I was anticipating software updates that have yet to be released. Consequently, I decided to bring this matter to the forum to seek advice on how to address the situation. In response to their previous message, I have already reached out to Ford directly. Now, let's wait and see what actions they can take. I am hopeful that they will address and resolve these issues as soon as possible.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has been some time, and I was anticipating software updates that have yet to be released. Consequently, I decided to bring this matter to the forum to seek advice on how to address the situation. In response to their previous message, I have already reached out to Ford directly. Now, let's wait and see what actions they can take. I am hopeful that they will address and resolve these issues as soon as possible.
Good move. Hopefully Ford has been able to reproduce the problem (first step in fixing it) so they can work on a fix that doesn't break something else! I'm a retired software/network engineer.

thelostone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
might have to do a hard phone reset and possible network setting reset if your using an iphone ….sometimes putting phone into airplane mode for a sec and then turning airplay mode off and reconnecting to carplay helps

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
might have to do a hard phone reset and possible network setting reset if your using an iphone ….sometimes putting phone into airplane mode for a sec and then turning airplay mode off and reconnecting to carplay helps
None of this should be necessary. @Ford Motor Company just needs to figure it out and do an update.

thelostone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
None of this should be necessary. Ford just needs to figure it out and do an update.
thats just how technology works these days..nothings ever perfect ..i had to do a network setting reset and hard reset once and everthing went back to normal …sometimes it's the phones software that causes the problems too ..not always the computer on wheels
Sponsored