• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sealing holes beneath 5.0 emblems?

DCBuckeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
For folks who have removed or swapped the badging/emblems, have you done anything to seal or "patch" the pin holes beneath the 5.0 emblems? I'm considering removing the 5.0 badging and replacing it with something custom that would cover but not fill the holes. If I do that, I'm wondering if they should be "sealed" with silicone or something. Any thoughts from folks who have done this (either g7 or previous gens)?
Sponsored

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
For folks who have removed or swapped the badging/emblems, have you done anything to seal or "patch" the pin holes beneath the 5.0 emblems? I'm considering removing the 5.0 badging and replacing it with something custom that would cover but not fill the holes. If I do that, I'm wondering if they should be "sealed" with silicone or something. Any thoughts from folks who have done this (either g7 or previous gens)?
It's a real problem! I took off the mustang on the rear hatch to replace it and had the same thought. If you're going to cover the opening entirely, as long as it's sealed (water tight) you should be good.