• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 Lowering (Springs / Coils discussion thread)

LexAddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I have a Darkhorse on order with a build date of 7/20. I am wondering if anyone knows if the Darkhorse is lower (has lower springs, etc) than the regular 2024 GT? FWIW I got the 700A eqpt group, the Darkhorse handling package, and the Dark Horse appearance package if that makes a difference. Do we know anything about the height of the cars versus each other yet? I asked my dealership and even another more performance oriented dealership and they didn't know. I DONT want it slammed but from what I can see I think the DH may be a little high for my liking. Any insights? For whatever it's worth here's a shot from CJPony's site.
S650 Mustang S650 Lowering (Springs / Coils discussion thread) 1687615588915
Sponsored

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 21 F150 XLT 3.5
Steeda posted this thread but no info yet.
I'm betting like the rest of us they are waiting to get their hands on production cars before commenting much on what will work.

Last edited:

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I have a Darkhorse on order with a build date of 7/20. I am wondering if anyone knows if the Darkhorse is lower (has lower springs, etc) than the regular 2024 GT? FWIW I got the 700A eqpt group, the Darkhorse handling package, and the Dark Horse appearance package if that makes a difference. Do we know anything about the height of the cars versus each other yet? I asked my dealership and even another more performance oriented dealership and they didn't know. I DONT want it slammed but from what I can see I think the DH may be a little high for my liking. Any insights? For whatever it's worth here's a shot from CJPony's site.
1687615588915.png
Seen many a prototype in the area since October. HP DH definitely seems to sit a little lower than any of the other offerings for 2024, not too sure about non HP. Now if that's down to modified/different springs or the handling pack ground effects, I can't answer - I'm not knowledgeable enough in that regard.

If you're looking to get coilovers, like Mcky said it's probably best to wait until more info drops or for when the car is released.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
won't using lowering springs throw off magneride tuning?

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
Steeda shows springs, but don't respond to questions.

Saburak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 2021 SOLD, DH BLK BVA RECARO Ordered 😴
Still no clear answer regarding the DH springs with and without HP? Are they the same or not? Has anyone managed to obtain the references? 🧐
Sponsored