• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
New Mustang GT3 Champion Spirit Livery is an Ode to Past Ford Racers

By Mark Rushbrook, Director of Global Ford Performance Motorsports

I have been captivated by racing my whole life since my dad first turned on the TV to watch the Monaco Grand Prix. It has morphed in to both my passion and now my job – which is the dream scenario for sure. Throughout my early years and ever since, Mustang has been front and center for me, from those early days of watching the legendary Parnelli Jones though to now running our global Mustang race programs on 5 of the 7 continents of the world.

Throughout that period, the way these cars looked either on the TV or in person has been a huge part of why I love Mustang so much.

The term livery typically refers to a unique design or insignia indicating affiliation, often seen on people or vehicles. For enthusiasts like me, it evokes memories of iconic Ford race cars and their storied designs. Many of you might even reminisce about your favorite racing liveries or a memorable driver’s number.

To honor some of the most iconic Mustang sports car racers of the past 60 years, Ford Performance is proud to introduce the new Mustang GT3 IMSA factory race cars, featuring the unique Champion Spirit Livery. This livery is a fusion of art and history, celebrating the colors and designs of eight significant Mustang racers by creating a new, unique livery that encapsulates Mustang's achievements in sports car racing since 1964. Selecting just eight designs from a long list of iconic liveries was a challenging task.

Upon seeing the completed version, I was immediately struck by the rich heritage and champion spirit embodied in Mustang racing. From its first international success at the Tour de France in 1964, just months after its debut, to the unmistakable Motorcraft livery of 1985, where Mustang dominated the IMSA GTO class, this livery represents significant moments in Mustang's history.

The designers adopted an artistic approach to blend different designs, creating a new livery that pays tribute to Mustang's racing legacy while highlighting the Mustang GT3’s power. Each historic livery is depicted as battle-worn, layered into the Mustang GT3's design, signifying its deep-rooted spirit. Every major race win and championship has propelled Mustang forward, and we believe this Champion Spirit will drive Mustang to future victories.

The factory IMSA GTD PRO Mustang GT3s, racing under the Ford Multimatic Motorsports banner, will debut in the Champion Spirit livery at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca (May 10-12) before moving on to their home race at the Detroit Grand Prix (May 31-June 1). They will continue to sport this special livery before returning to their traditional full-season livery at Watkins Glen (June 20-23).

S650 Mustang New Mustang GT3 "Champion Spirit" Livery Evokes Heritage Racing A1_09269

S650 Mustang New Mustang GT3 "Champion Spirit" Livery Evokes Heritage Racing A1_07545

S650 Mustang New Mustang GT3 "Champion Spirit" Livery Evokes Heritage Racing A1_07735A

S650 Mustang New Mustang GT3 "Champion Spirit" Livery Evokes Heritage Racing A1_07822

S650 Mustang New Mustang GT3 "Champion Spirit" Livery Evokes Heritage Racing A1_08208

S650 Mustang New Mustang GT3 "Champion Spirit" Livery Evokes Heritage Racing A1_08539

S650 Mustang New Mustang GT3 "Champion Spirit" Livery Evokes Heritage Racing A1_08577A

S650 Mustang New Mustang GT3 "Champion Spirit" Livery Evokes Heritage Racing A1_09134
Sponsored

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
For me it was Donnie and Bobby Allison. I also built model kits of their, and others, cars. Of course once I saw the movie 'Bullitt' I instantly wanted my parents to move to San Fran and buy me a Mustang. I saw it in the movies and was 8yo at the time.

ZBOBMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
For me it was Donnie and Bobby Allison. I also built model kits of their, and others, cars. Of course once I saw the movie 'Bullitt' I instantly wanted my parents to move to San Fran and buy me a Mustang. I saw it in the movies and was 8yo at the time.
New Mustang GT3 Champion Spirit Livery is an Ode to Past Ford Racers

By Mark Rushbrook, Director of Global Ford Performance Motorsports

I have been captivated by racing my whole life since my dad first turned on the TV to watch the Monaco Grand Prix. It has morphed in to both my passion and now my job – which is the dream scenario for sure. Throughout my early years and ever since, Mustang has been front and center for me, from those early days of watching the legendary Parnelli Jones though to now running our global Mustang race programs on 5 of the 7 continents of the world.

Throughout that period, the way these cars looked either on the TV or in person has been a huge part of why I love Mustang so much.

The term livery typically refers to a unique design or insignia indicating affiliation, often seen on people or vehicles. For enthusiasts like me, it evokes memories of iconic Ford race cars and their storied designs. Many of you might even reminisce about your favorite racing liveries or a memorable driver’s number.

To honor some of the most iconic Mustang sports car racers of the past 60 years, Ford Performance is proud to introduce the new Mustang GT3 IMSA factory race cars, featuring the unique Champion Spirit Livery. This livery is a fusion of art and history, celebrating the colors and designs of eight significant Mustang racers by creating a new, unique livery that encapsulates Mustang's achievements in sports car racing since 1964. Selecting just eight designs from a long list of iconic liveries was a challenging task.

Upon seeing the completed version, I was immediately struck by the rich heritage and champion spirit embodied in Mustang racing. From its first international success at the Tour de France in 1964, just months after its debut, to the unmistakable Motorcraft livery of 1985, where Mustang dominated the IMSA GTO class, this livery represents significant moments in Mustang's history.

The designers adopted an artistic approach to blend different designs, creating a new livery that pays tribute to Mustang's racing legacy while highlighting the Mustang GT3’s power. Each historic livery is depicted as battle-worn, layered into the Mustang GT3's design, signifying its deep-rooted spirit. Every major race win and championship has propelled Mustang forward, and we believe this Champion Spirit will drive Mustang to future victories.

The factory IMSA GTD PRO Mustang GT3s, racing under the Ford Multimatic Motorsports banner, will debut in the Champion Spirit livery at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca (May 10-12) before moving on to their home race at the Detroit Grand Prix (May 31-June 1). They will continue to sport this special livery before returning to their traditional full-season livery at Watkins Glen (June 20-23).

A1_09269.jpg

A1_07545.jpg

A1_07735A.jpeg

A1_07822.jpg

A1_08208.jpg

A1_08539.jpg

A1_08577A.jpg

A1_09134.jpg
One of my fondest memories of my father was helping him work on our 1968 Mustang GT. I was only 8 at the time but I became a fan.
Sponsored