• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Intermittent issue with sound output when streaming through Iphone

Aufenscuht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0I
Good morning all.

Since I got the car last month, I have experienced this intermittent issue. I looked through the software and it is all up to date with auto updates selected as a default. This morning, I got into my car and plugged in my Iphone. Attempted to stream through YouTube and there was no output through the speakers. Eventually during my drive, I simply connected to bluetooth. The previous times I have experienced this, the problem would resolve itself on the next drive. Has anyone found a repair for this? Or is it just shit Sync at it again? One would imagine that these sorts of things would be eliminated through updates. Thank you all.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Aufenscuht

Aufenscuht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0I
P.S. When this happens the sound comes through the phone speaker instead of the car

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Yes! It is the way the infotainment boot process is like. It connects to the phone before the sound system boots up and is ready.

So when the phone is connected - the sound is not ready yet and the sound output is not there.
The workaround i have now atm is I disable the wireless and Bluetooth on my phone just before I start my car and after 2 min - I turn the wireless and Bluetooth back on the phone and it’s all good from there.
Hope ford iron this bug out!
Yes iPhone user here too!

squad0014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Same issue here. Solution i found was to go to “Phone List” and disconnect/reconnect Carplay. Pretty annoying though
Sponsored