• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Delivery delayed was 01/15 now 01/24-01/30 <Concerned about weather damage>

• Thread starter Deleted member 60890
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 60890

I have a deal sheet with deposit on a dealer ordered 2024 GT Convertible. 6% off MSRP.
Delivery is delayed was 01/15 and now 01/24-01/30. The car shows its sitting in Flat Rock, in the bad weather waiting to be shipped. Should I just cancel and order create a new order down the road as I'm concerned about weather damage to the car.

Also, it has 20' wheels, any feedback on the 20" ford stock tires on the car good or bad? it will be my weekend fun car won't drive far.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Mike
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Thinking about the engine, any vehicle I've dealt with, factory coolant fill will protect to -20F / -28C. You should be fine.

Moving to the tires, temperatures around the time of shipment will be 35-40F / 1-4C. Ford is aware of the weather this time of year and would not ship the car if permanent damage to the tires would occur (safety, accidents, etc.).

Consistently operating any vehicle battery in extreme cold or heat is going to lessen it's life. But the weather will be above freezing when it ships. And they'll most likely start it once, to get it up on the train.

Snow is not a bother. If covered well, snow then has an insulating effect.

Sounds like you got a great deal. I'd continue to track its shipment and enjoy its arrival.

OP
OP

Deleted member 60890

Thinking about the engine, any vehicle I've dealt with, factory coolant fill will protect to -20F / -28C. You should be fine.

Moving to the tires, temperatures around the time of shipment will be 35-40F / 1-4C. Ford is aware of the weather this time of year and would not ship the car if permanent damage to the tires would occur (safety, accidents, etc.).

Consistently operating any vehicle battery in extreme cold or heat is going to lessen it's life. But the weather will be above freezing when it ships. And they'll most likely start it once, to get it up on the train.

Snow is not a bother. Even if covered well, snow then has an insulating effect.

Sounds like you got a great deal. I'd continue to track its shipment and enjoy its arrival.
thanks!

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
On second thought, given the time of year, be sure to avoid the car being damaged by any falling iguanas. :giggle:

Remember to post some pics when the car arrives. :thumbsup:

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I wouldn't cancel, if there are issues it's covered. You could cancel now then some other stuff could happen to the next one.

You're going to love the car.

OP
OP

Deleted member 60890

I wouldn't cancel, if there are issues it's covered. You could cancel now then some other stuff could happen to the next one.

You're going to love the car.

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
The only thing I would add is to set it up on a smart battery charger the day you pick it up. These cars sit around for quite awhile before they're delivered plus the batteries aren't fully charged from the factory. I put a Ctek charger on mine the day I got it and it took almost 12 hrs @ 7amps to fully charge. Since I use my Mustang only once or twice a week for short drives, I installed pigtails on the battery to make it more convenient to leave the charger on between drives and quickly connect it when I return. I did this from day one on a 2011 M3 and the original battery lasted 9 years, also I do it for any motorcycle to extend battery life, but there the best I've gotten is 5 years on an OEM battery..

OP
OP

Deleted member 60890

its -4 in Flat Rock MI, with lows of -3. I have this image in my head of all of our cars waiting for shipping like mine sitting outside lot buried in snow!
Sponsored