• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dash never shuts down

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
I did a search but couldnt find much, so here we go.
2024 GT with PP, active exhaust. Love the car. But when I get out and lock it, the "Press brake pedal to disengage parking brake" (or whatever it says) stays and never goes away. Come morning the car is dead and wont start. I have to keep it on a charger all night to be able to drive it the next day. It didnt do this the first couple of days I had it (less than a week of ownership now). Someone told me it might be a PCM reprogram by the dealer, but me getting to a dealer is not at all easy. Any other suggestions?
Thanks!
Sponsored

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Stupid question, but do you keep a key in the car at all time? (or very close to it?)

OP
OP

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not a stupid question at all... but no, both keys are inside and at least 100 feet away...

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Call dealer. Probably an easy enough fix. Not sure how getting to the dealer isn’t easy. Then how’d you buy it?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Try a confirmed fresh fully charged battery. If that doesn’t resolve the issue a trip to the dealer or authorized service center may be needed.

OP
OP

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just because its easy for you doesnt mean its easy for everyone to get to a dealer. Not only do I live out in the middle of nowhere, I work 7 days a week.... When the car was ready it was several weeks before I could go get it, and when I did I had to take time off.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
just because its easy for you doesnt mean its easy for everyone to get to a dealer. Not only do I live out in the middle of nowhere, I work 7 days a week.... When the car was ready it was several weeks before I could go get it, and when I did I had to take time off.
Sounds like you work on a farm or an oil rig. We tend to forget about those jobs because they are out of sight but are important to us for every day living.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
Long shot, but have you tried disconnecting the battery for a while and see if something resets?

OP
OP

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually havent, but can certainly try. I thought with the battery being so dead in the morning it was the same thing, but Ill try that tomorrow and see.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
It might be dead enough to not crank, but alive enough to keep an electronic circuit alive. It's worth a shot...

OP
OP

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It might be dead enough to not crank, but alive enough to keep an electronic circuit alive. It's worth a shot...
For sure. It makes perfect sense, thank you. Ill give it a try and let you know!

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
A poor work around is auto part stores sell a quick disconnect that looks something like this. It's not a fix for the problem but it might work until you can get to a dealer. Turn it off at night and back on when you need it.
Only other idea I have is to have somebody deliver a loaner to you and bring your car back to the dealer as the fix may take more than on day. Then they would have to return your car and take the loaner back.

OP
OP

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I might have one of those actually, good idea. My semi-local dealer might be able to do a pick up, Ill have to call them Monday. Sure would make life a lot easier for me.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I did a search but couldnt find much, so here we go.
2024 GT with PP, active exhaust. Love the car. But when I get out and lock it, the "Press brake pedal to disengage parking brake" (or whatever it says) stays and never goes away. Come morning the car is dead and wont start. I have to keep it on a charger all night to be able to drive it the next day. It didnt do this the first couple of days I had it (less than a week of ownership now). Someone told me it might be a PCM reprogram by the dealer, but me getting to a dealer is not at all easy. Any other suggestions?
Thanks!
Good morning! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this concern? Thank you!

OP
OP

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PM sent. Thank you!
Sponsored