• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Base EB W/101A Pkg VS EB Premium

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I'm trying to decide if the EB Premium with no other pkg's on it is worth it over a base EB with the 101A pkg. So the 101A pkg on a base EB adds heated front seats (still cloth but the side bolsters are vinyl), (6) way power drive seat, dual zone climate control, (9) speaker stereo system w/XM and HD Radio. This pkg adds $2600 and I think it provides good value for what your getting.

Now if you step up to the 'base' Premium EB pkg it adds: Leather wrapped steering wheel (not heated), Mirrors (heated with pony puddle lamp), Remote Start, Exterior Welcome Lighting, decklid spoiler, aluminum pedals, multicolor ambient lighting, dual-zone automatic climate control, a mirror-mounted USB port, and a wireless charging pad. The Premium upgrades from cloth to ActiveX upholstery with both front seats featuring heating and cooling. I might be missing a few things but it should be close.

I think jumping from the 101A pkg to the Premium EB would add around another $2600 or so on top of the $2600 from the 101A pkg - so basically at least $5200+ for the Premium EB compared to the base EB w/o pkg 101A. Honestly I think I'll be content with the 101A pkg as that still gives me heated seats, the 9 speaker stereo and dual zone climate, etc. Just wondering if anyone has cross shopped these two EB's at all and what your thoughts are?

I'm wondering how well the Active X seating will hold up over say 7-10 years. I know I've seen lots of older cars with leather seats that look like trash as they tend to crack and become stretched out, etc. I'm not sure how long Ford has been offering the Active X so the jury might still be out on that one?
Sponsored