• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Bad taste

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
Sept 8 finally got my GT convertable vapor blue, .
I had signed an agreement on Marxh 28-
No one told me anything in an upfront way but I noticed they price had been crossed out and the new price was $1000 higher. I was told there is no price protection and in March “there were no 2024s”
I thought of walking away but I did not. I was shown the “new” window sticker
Sponsored

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It is probably the gas guzzler tax there is no price protection for that

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
They are just trying to pull a rug on you. If you walk they can probably make more off of it anyhow. You are price protected at that price if you are getting sticker and signed for it. I'd say get the sales manager involved and if he won't reason get the GM. I'm price protected for my vehicle and it's saving me 4 grand. Sounds like that dealer is being shady.

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
I would verify through Ford Customer Care. I’m not sure if you had price protection or if that’s being offered.

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Is the transmission manual or automatic? If MT there's your $1,000 right there. They did have that tax listed on the order sheet way back in March. I added it to my own calculations before I learned it only applied to MT.

Good luck with the case, but even if you lose it's not worth walking away over in my opinion. There's a difference between being underhanded and shitty communication. For additional examples of communication issues, please see nearly half of the posts on this forum!

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
It is probably the gas guzzler tax there is no price protection for that
Correct. Ford cannot and will not "protect" you from the Gas Guzzler tax. Compare you original agreement to your actual purchase paperwork and I'm sure you'll find the price of the actual car and options didn't change.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Is the transmission manual or automatic? If MT there's your $1,000 right there.
Why??? Isn’t it the engine that produces the pollutants not the transmission. Frigging green game garbage.

Boykin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible; 2015 Mustang Ecoboost
We signed paperwork for a Vapor Blue GT convertible with 6 speed on April 6th using X-plan that was before gas guzzler tax. A couple of weeks later I had email conversation confirming that was the locked in price. The window sticker showed the gas guzzler tax but when we signed the paper work and picked up the car this past Tuesday, the price was the same as we signed for back in April. Maybe I got lucky, but that is my story with our dealer in Edgefield, SC.

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
We signed paperwork for a Vapor Blue GT convertible with 6 speed on April 6th using X-plan that was before gas guzzler tax. A couple of weeks later I had email conversation confirming that was the locked in price. The window sticker showed the gas guzzler tax but when we signed the paper work and picked up the car this past Tuesday, the price was the same as we signed for back in April. Maybe I got lucky, but that is my story with our dealer in Edgefield, SC.
X Plan dictates “price protection”. Another benefit along with capping the “dealer processing fee” at $100…..

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 Lightning
Price protection is a Ford program. Under many of the state franchise laws dealers do not have to respect it. Under the rewrite of the Florida law that took effect this summer the dealer cannot interfere with the pricing to the customer and the manufacturer cannot retaliate in any way. The last 3 Shelby's I bought were covered under price protection because my dealer chose to honor it.
Sponsored