• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Aftermarket Performance Pack Parts

McSmugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
So I've had my S650 GT premium for a few months now and I'm beginning to regret not getting the performance pack. The premium features were more beneficial to me in a daily driver and the extra $5k for PP would have put me over what I wanted to spend. I would have also needed to buy new wheels/tires straight away since Illinois winter is coming, so I passed on adding the package.

Now that I've got some miles on the car, I feel like it could use the handling upgrades. What aftermarket parts could I add for under to make my non PP car handle better than a PP car? And where should I start? I have the 3.55 A10 and my driving split is roughly 80% daily/20% spirited and I'm also hoping to take it to the drag strip a few times a year just for fun.
Sponsored

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Wheels and tires, hands down THE best way to change how your car drives. Countless options but path of lest resistance would be something like LMRs SVE combo kits for a 285 front and a 305 rear. As for the tires, Michelin PS4s are the best but Nitto NT555G2 are great bang for the buck, also part of the LMR combo kits.

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
One big thing offered in the PP which is a deal breaker to me is the torsen differential, outside of that, this kit would touch and or replace almost everything offered in the PP and be a step-up handling wise:
Ford Perf M-FR3A-M8A Mustang Track Suspension Package FB 15-24 (cjponyparts.com)

Get the strut and K-Brace while you're at it since it also comes with the PP. It's a worthwhile upgrade:
Ford Performance M-20201-MA Mustang Strut Tower Brace 15-24 (cjponyparts.com)

and if you get it installed at a dealer your warranty will stay intact

Last edited:
OP
OP
McSmugger

McSmugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
One big thing offered in the PP which is a deal breaker to me is the torsen differential, outside of that, this kit would touch and or replace almost everything offered in the PP and be a step-up handling wise:
Ford Perf M-FR3A-M8A Mustang Track Suspension Package FB 15-24 (cjponyparts.com)

Get the strut and K-Brace while you're at it since it also comes with the PP. It's a worthwhile upgrade:

That seems like a really good deal for less than $2k. I'm going to look into this more. My only concern there is that it may be too stiff for a daily. Thanks for the links!

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
There will be a street version too so it wont be as harsh for daily driving. Dont forget though, you also get the 3.73:1 rear end with the PP so youd have to change that too. There are other components too, like the big brembo brakes, "special chassis tuning", drift brake, and a bunch of other things. Honestly, its probably easier and cheaper to just get one that has PP already

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1

Oh snap I didn't know this can fit the S650 the FR3 kit. I have this kit on my S550 and love it. FP is still only showing 2015-2023.

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The chassis is the same as the S550, so itll bolt right in.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The chassis is the same as the S550, so itll bolt right in.
Ford Performance said there could be revisions for the S650. This was a few months ago.

Last edited:

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The revisions are slight, like hard points, for accepting bigger rear brembos etc but everything should work. Source: I do design work for them

OP
OP
McSmugger

McSmugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The revisions are slight, like hard points, for accepting bigger rear brembos etc but everything should work. Source: I do design work for them
Do you have any inside information on when these new kits might be available?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As @Dave2013M3 says, they are the same and will fit 2015+ Mustangs.

Jdio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 gt pp 2018 gt350 2003 cobra
Wheels and tires, hands down THE best way to change how your car drives. Countless options but path of lest resistance would be something like LMRs SVE combo kits for a 285 front and a 305 rear. As for the tires, Michelin PS4s are the best but Nitto NT555G2 are great bang for the buck, also part of the LMR combo kits.
i agree tires are a great way to make your car handle better. 295x30x20 30+ish offset front and 305x30x20 45ish offset rear, wrapped in Michelin pilot sport 4's

slowjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT base manual
I would stick with 18s or 19s for handling. Lighter the better
Sponsored