• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 coupe, 2015 GT Racered, 2024.5 GT Racered
Not as simple as that, this is not the first year FoA have sold Mustangs in Aust, and Ford Au have their own costing schedule, which already factors exchange rates, Shipping etc, and the US Retail pricing direct comparison is largely irrelevant, as is evident from inconsistencies in a straight comparison of US / Au mustang pricing since 2015.

This is why a comparison of the US Pricing INCREASE to the current AU Pricing, is more relevant as an AU Retail pricing indicator, as it builds on the existing costing factors and the subsequent current AU Retail Pricing.
At the end of the day Ford USA has to profit, Ford Aus has to profit, Ford dealer has to profit. Your assuming the previous costing factors have stayed similar. Like pricing on everything else at the moment everything has jumped 10-20%. Businesses are trying to cover cost increases everywhere and stay in business.
Sponsored

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
Without FA making it profitable there will be no2025 V8 Mustangs.

$20k is A LOT but I would sooner they have incentive and because of low stock supplies they need to make more bucks per car.

BPC

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
...Like pricing on everything else at the moment everything has jumped 10-20%. Businesses are trying to cover cost increases everywhere and stay in business.
My pay packet hasn't gone up 20%. :curse:
In fact, some of the gigs I work on, I'm still getting 2014 rates.
(-20% on today)

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
At the end of the day Ford USA has to profit, Ford Aus has to profit, Ford dealer has to profit. Your assuming the previous costing factors have stayed similar. Like pricing on everything else at the moment everything has jumped 10-20%. Businesses are trying to cover cost increases everywhere and stay in business.
No, I was talking about Pricing Consistency, by assuming current My23 pricing, and implicitly variable costing factors from immediately prior to when the 2024 pricing was announced. FoA have a greater understanding of their Costing and Profit margins than you or I, and those simple direct exchange comparison assumptions have never been consistent.

Naturally FoA have to be profitable, that was never in dispute, however the bottom line is the insignificant US$150 price increase on the similarly configured host US Car, together with the existing or current costing structure carried over from the previous month.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Hi Steve, I donot understand why a ford dealer would give up one of his valuable spots on order list and discount to a broker(when he can get full retail). Also how did the broker get your velocity blue 10 sp onto supposedly closed order book? Are you sure he is not feeding you along and you will be in next shipment?
The initial Dealer order was as a MY23 at the then current (Aug 2023) pricing, pending conversion to MY24 Order and Pricing.

The discounted pricing is a product of volume (Broker) purchasing, and It could also be indicative of unexpected buyer push-back over pricing - and cancellations.

Last edited:

BigCatMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered - MY24 Mustang GT Vapour Blue Black Pk 6MT
I think all the talk on price is a bit futile. It is what it is and it ain’t gonna change in our favour any time soon. Everyone’s situation and motivation is different and once you’ve weighed up your criteria and options you’ll make the decision to buy. Or not.
My motivation is that, since I was a kid, I’ve always wanted one (sorry HSV). Ever since a neighbour bought one in 1968 and updated a few times. I loved the shape, the sound and the romance of an imported muscle car against a sea of our local Ford and Holden (and Chrysler) heroes. The best I could do was a number of Corgi diecast toy Mustangs (which I still have). Over the years various reasons (family, finance, travel etc) prevented me from buying one.
Now I’m in a position to buy one, I’m going to fulfil those boyhood dreams. A few dollars here our there ain’t going to spoil my dream!!

Danstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
I’m most likely going to cancel my order and just get a second hand FN. my dealer still hasn’t contacted me about my order…

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
I think all the talk on price is a bit futile. It is what it is and it ain’t gonna change in our favour any time soon. Everyone’s situation and motivation is different and once you’ve weighed up your criteria and options you’ll make the decision to buy. Or not.
My motivation is that, since I was a kid, I’ve always wanted one (sorry HSV). Ever since a neighbour bought one in 1968 and updated a few times. I loved the shape, the sound and the romance of an imported muscle car against a sea of our local Ford and Holden (and Chrysler) heroes. The best I could do was a number of Corgi diecast toy Mustangs (which I still have). Over the years various reasons (family, finance, travel etc) prevented me from buying one.
Now I’m in a position to buy one, I’m going to fulfil those boyhood dreams. A few dollars here our there ain’t going to spoil my dream!!
Agree with the sentiment man.
$85k for the manual and then $91k drive away for only speccing the auto.
I don't know. I can pay $85k for 'only' the auto. But $91k has hit an invisible barrier. I am considering going MT82 again. but australian speed limits are crazy.
That 3rd gear ratio. Why? Why Ford? Might has well made it a 4speed car lol

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Agree with the sentiment man.
$85k for the manual and then $91k drive away for only speccing the auto.
I don't know. I can pay $85k for 'only' the auto. But $91k has hit an invisible barrier. I am considering going MT82 again. but australian speed limits are crazy.
That 3rd gear ratio. Why? Why Ford? Might has well made it a 4speed car lol
Thats why I reckon the manual DH is going to awesome. The tremec has closer ratios with 5th being the 1:1 instead of 4th in the MT82. It also comes with the 3.73 Torsen diff. So in essence much shorter gears with 6th being a cruising gear. I think thats going to be fun.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Contract signed yesterday.
GT, 6-Sp, Oxford White, with MagneRide (and therefore includes red Brembos).

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Capture.JPG

Segmentation date January 15.
Hopefully, actual assembly is the following day.
.. you know what they say about never buying a car made on a Monday morning, or Friday afternoon! :giggle:

Expected late May +/-.

Not happy about the disproportionate price rise over the S550, but F it, you only live once. :like:

Last edited:

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
after umming and aahing and going to BMW to price up a new M240i as they have a special off GST on floor stock (literally $10-15k off) and then +$5k on trade in... the $12k discount was still north of the GT by about $18k! lol
I asked my guy to give me quote with auto and see what comes back. Stang is still in the race!

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule 1699574764407

I've just noticed in the Ford Australia brochure for Mustang that it shows the Recaro seats as having 6-way power adjustability. This cant possible be right. All the US cars showed the Recaros are manually adjusted and have no heating or cooling.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1699574764407.png

I've just noticed in the Ford Australia brochure for Mustang that it shows the Recaro seats as having 6-way power adjustability. This cant possible be right. All the US cars showed the Recaros are manually adjusted and have no heating or cooling.
Nice spot there, eagle eyes!

Pass the popcorn, again? 🍿

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Capture.JPG

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
... not anymore! :curse:

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
1699574764407.png

CALL Ford and ask them for a $50k discount for saving them from future lawsuits lol
Sponsored