• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DannyJ7's Ecoboost

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
Wow averaging 33mpg is hell impressive!
i saw somewhere a blacked out panel like the old S550 and didn't hate it... maybe look at that? can't remember who did them...
Nice lightweight catback exhaust will make a decent amount of difference too. I bought the mishimoto in my old eco as it was high quality SS but also quite thin and lost about 20lbs from the stock exhaust, which these cars love. Any weight reduction makes huge differences and 20lbs is quite a lot.
Ive been keeping an eye on cobb etc. nothing being even hinted at...
Will be really interesting to see if they can hack it, with the new port and DI fueling, if these new engines bottom ends are better than the old ones it should be an absolute menace
Sponsored

Butkus1951

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150, 2024 Mustang 9(soon)
  • For now, got a simply US flag decal to cover the holes on the above.
  • Just passed 1000 miles. Averaging 33 MPG, which is surprisingly good! Getting my first oil change this week.
  • Even with the "just" 315HP, 350FTLBS it still brings a silly ass grin to my face when I put my foot down.
  • Surprised at how quiet it is at speed and in general.
  • Previous reviews of the EB with the 10 speed still apply. There is a lot of travel in the gas pedal before anything really happens in normal mode. It feels almost as though it's lugging out on occasion. Will be playing with custom mode and see if I can make that stick for mode.
Why would you take the mustang off?

OP
OP
DannyJ7

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
The mustang emblem is indeed pinned. 😥 Now have to figure out how to cover this.

Initially the idea was black vinyl, but it's a deceptively odd shape.

Not sure what to do. Any ideas? (no, I'm not just going to buy another mustang to put there).
PXL_20230923_205146456.jpg
Think it looks pretty ok. Still needs to dry a bit.

S650 Mustang DannyJ7's Ecoboost PXL_20231001_173604220

OP
OP
DannyJ7

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Getting oil changed at 1338. Noticed 2 GTs and an ordered dark horse (special order) here. I made the right decision on color.

OP
OP
DannyJ7

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oil changes notes.

6 qts
5W-30 or 0W-30
Oil filter FL-2127, NU2Z-6731-F

Last edited:
OP
OP
DannyJ7

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • For now, got a simply US flag decal to cover the holes on the above.
  • Just passed 1000 miles. Averaging 33 MPG, which is surprisingly good! Getting my first oil change this week.
  • Even with the "just" 315HP, 350FTLBS it still brings a silly ass grin to my face when I put my foot down.
  • Surprised at how quiet it is at speed and in general.
  • Previous reviews of the EB with the 10 speed still apply. There is a lot of travel in the gas pedal before anything really happens in normal mode. It feels almost as though it's lugging out on occasion. Will be playing with custom mode and see if I can make that stick for mode.
Drove to Niagra and back. On the return trip 36.4 MPG.

S650 Mustang DannyJ7's Ecoboost PXL_20231008_230656322.MP

Last edited:
OP
OP
DannyJ7

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thats expected on a fresh 4cyl turb @ highway cruising speeds …i average 25.8 MPG @ 70 MPH highway cruising speeds on my GT ..bet if i cruised @ 60 MPG for an hour bet i can reach 28 MPG 😵💫😵💫
My dude, look at more than just the stated MPG. You think I was on the highway, without stopping or slowing down for over 7 hours and was only doing 62MPH that whole way? I come from the land of heavy feet where a lot of the state is 75MPH on highways, where most do 7+ MPH over. EPA has the car at 33 highway (not combined), so 36.4 MPG is impressive. It's not a bragging point for me, just that it's awesome that it gets great mileage given the power and comfort.

Not sure why you'd choose to comment on this in such a way, but sure man, do you.

OP
OP
DannyJ7

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
DannyJ7

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Done all but the tail lights, which I'm not hugely looking forward to. 9/10 recommend thus far. Film is compliant, takes to heat well, and instructions are thorough and well done.

PXL_20231103_190847644.jpg
Attempted the tail lights, and gave up. Ford did not do us any favors with the crazy geometry of the tail lights. Still recommend the kit, just make sure to take it to a pro to install.

OP
OP
DannyJ7

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After reading about the holes in wheel well liners in the gt quirks thread, I pulled the wheels and liners and patched the holes with kydex and some rivets.

OP
OP
DannyJ7

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wife got me a set of adhesive pockets: Here

I put one on the center tunnel on the passenger side for phone/whatever. Good add for price!
Sponsored