• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 TBC
Well it looks like mine moved but only by two days. Just got a new Vista screenshot from my new salesperson.

Segmentation date was 24 Jun, now 26 Jun. ETA still 30 Oct.
Hopefully it stays there, but it would be strange if they aren’t on the same boat, so I’m hoping mine moves to your date at some stage not the other way around
Sponsored

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
I would love for that to happen, I think we have both earnt this one, I remember right back to you trying to get an S550 allocation!

On Wednesday, I finally struck up the courage to inform the boss that I intend on taking extended leave once the car arrives. I hate asking for leave, let alone long service leave, as I know the burden it creates on a small business. In fact, I doubt this company has ever had to deal with this situation in the 40+ years they have been in business, I've been there for half of that!

This in itself has been a large part of my frustration with the order of this car, I knew from the beginning that I wanted to cash in some long service leave and try and live life for a little while with no time constraints. Put it this way, I was mentally ready for long service leave a year ago, and as this has pushed out, the frustration has built and built.

I'm burnt out, but now there is some light at the end of the tunnel. I just need to get through the winter and early spring workload, then I'm disappearing in a blaze of V8 noise for a few months.

No doubt the shipping wait will annoy me as well as the tension builds, but today was a win!

650-3.jpg
Now you're talking! I was thinking the exact same thing. I probably won't be able to take months of leave, but I'm going to take at least two weeks once my car comes. The first week will just be dialling the sucker in like Matt from OG would say. I will probably be in touch a few times at that point for more DFB detailing advice. 😁

It certainly feels like we have been through a lot together trying to get our cars. Funny how something as simple as ordering a car can turn into a three year ordeal in my case 😂
Luckily I've met some great people along the way to share my passion and frustration with. 👍

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Hopefully it stays there, but it would be strange if they aren’t on the same boat, so I’m hoping mine moves to your date at some stage not the other way around
Yeah fingers crossed. I'll keep you posted as I hear more over the coming weeks. My new sales person promised to continue the fortnightly updates. I hope he does.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
OPF? As in Petrol particulate filter ? No we dont have regulations for that because our fuel is not the cleanest and won't perform well on the PPF. We have high sulphur contents I think Premium 98 is 50ppm and regular is 100-150ppm. EU is possibly well below 10ppm. Some European car brands marketed into AU have the PPF but highly recommend to use Premium 98 as its the lowest sulphur content in the fuel.
Yes i meant the particulate filter, they go by one of three names depending on manufacturer or location, Can be Otto (OPF, German / Euro) Gasoline (GPF, American) or Petrol (PPF)
Interesting then that you have less power than the Americans by being RHD and yet in the EU where we have the filters LHD/RHD are both the same power. Your fuel is probably still better than theirs.

Good luck to all of those with a segmentation date at the end of June, as Flat rock is shutting down for the first two weeks of July slipping from one side of the shutdown to the other would be unfortunate.
As the day gets closer things start to get a bit more chaotic, mine was supposed to be built on a tuesday, but then the week before that slipped to thursday. It was actually built on a wednesday it passed QA on the friday and was shipped out by sunday.
Arrived at the docks the following friday.

Eremyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 GT
Yes i meant the particulate filter, they go by one of three names depending on manufacturer or location, Can be Otto (OPF, German / Euro) Gasoline (GPF, American) or Petrol (PPF)
Interesting then that you have less power than the Americans by being RHD and yet in the EU where we have the filters LHD/RHD are both the same power. Your fuel is probably still better than theirs.

Good luck to all of those with a segmentation date at the end of June, as Flat rock is shutting down for the first two weeks of July slipping from one side of the shutdown to the other would be unfortunate.
As the day gets closer things start to get a bit more chaotic, mine was supposed to be built on a tuesday, but then the week before that slipped to thursday. It was actually built on a wednesday it passed QA on the friday and was shipped out by sunday.
Arrived at the docks the following friday.
Yeah not sure why either we are slightly de tuned than the US market but luckily we aint as bad as EU tuned and I suspect maybe because we have a small margin market in AU than EU?.

I do notice when it comes to safety and emissions for the Aussie market we follow European guideline for example the trucks we have coming into Australia have to be Euro 6 compliance, I am driving the Volvo FE Euro6 and it has SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) and Diesel particulate Filter together the Euro 5 had SCR technology only. Can't wait what they bring out on Euro 7... 😏

Last edited:

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
Yeah not sure why either we are slightly de tuned than the US market but luckily we aint as bad as EU tuned and I suspect maybe because we have a small margin market in AU than EU?.

I do notice when it comes to safety and emissions for the Aussie market we follow European guideline for example the trucks we have coming into Australia have to be Euro 6 compliance, I am driving the Volvo FE Euro6 and it has SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) and Diesel particulate Filter together the Euro 5 had SCR technology only. Can't wait what they bring out on Euro 7... 😏
Euro tune is blamed on restrictive filters in the exhaust. With our higher octane base fuel we could make more power when like for like but they Americans wouldn't let that one happen.

Euro 7 has been kicked down the road somewhat to at least 2030 as its very ambitious and they don't have enough information for a baseline as it's whole vehicle emissions and includes brakes / tyres ...
EV's are higher than ICE vehicles for that due to there weight.

In the mean time there is Euro 6E coming into effect soon which mostly tightens the correlation factor allowed between lab and road

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Out of curiosity, I was looking at the Wallenius Wilhelmsen schedules.
https://www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com/schedules

Although the Baltimore > Australia schedule only goes out to 11th August, it appears their RORO vessels are traversing this route every ~2 weeks.

Based on the early "October" delivery, this is a guess!
(note this vessel arrives in Freo on October 6)

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Screenshot 2024-06-09 215016

I'm assuming we allow 1-2 weeks for logistics to pass quarantine, get to the dealer, and be readied for customer handover?

Of course, if a miracle happens, and it's on a vessel before that, great! :party:

IIIdtpIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting MY24.5 DH, Auto, Blue Ember, Recaro
Out of curiosity, I was looking at the Wallenius Wilhelmsen schedules.
https://www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com/schedules

Although the Baltimore > Australia schedule only goes out to 11th August, it appears their RORO vessels are traversing this route every ~2 weeks.

Based on the early "October" delivery, this is a guess!
(note this vessel arrives in Freo on October 6)

Screenshot 2024-06-09 215016.jpg

I'm assuming we allow 1-2 weeks for logistics to pass quarantine, get to the dealer, and be readied for customer handover?

Of course, if a miracle happens, and it's on a vessel before that, great! :party:
I think the 1st vessel departing for Australia will be on 1st of July.
Sponsored