• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The Dash cam thread

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hanging things from rearview mirrors is illegal in at least six other states: Minnesota; California, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Arizona, and Texas
Some (if not most) of the dashcams stick to the windshield and so are not "hanging off the rearview mirror"...

Also they are invisible from the driver because they are behind said rearview...

And as unfairslide has cleverly pointed out, Ford tries to sell a few cars outside Virginia...

I for one think it's a great idea to put a port there.
Sponsored

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
I take my cars to the track, so that port is a welcome addition. I'm holding off on a new camera until more with the new sensor are out.

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
The Viofo 12V adapter.
LOL... something about proof reading?

S650 Mustang The Dash cam thread Screenshot_20230504_175149_Samsung Internet

How many mentals in the vehicle?

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
The Viofo 12V adapter.
LOL... something about proof reading?

Screenshot_20230504_175149_Samsung Internet.jpg

How many mentals in the vehicle?
At least one, me the driver 🤣

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI.
Published today from Vortex Radar.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
210 shipped for that Viofo A139 pro. Good deal, I went ahead and got it. Has three things I like, simplicity, can take a 512gb card and really nice video quality.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Hanging things from rearview mirrors is illegal in at least six other states: Minnesota; California, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Arizona, and Texas
with what i see in customer vehicles, i can confidently say that that law is not enforced in Arizona, or at least not in Phoenix. might be one of those laws that police might pull you over for if you look suspicious, just like tint and not using your indicator for X distance before merging

anyways, i was gonna recommend the Blackvue DR750X-3CH Plus for those who want front, rear, and interior cameras, but it looks like it has been discontinued, but all of Blackvue's products are pretty good and their app works fairly well

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
with what i see in customer vehicles, i can confidently say that that law is not enforced in Arizona, or at least not in Phoenix. might be one of those laws that police might pull you over for if you look suspicious, just like tint and not using your indicator for X distance before merging

anyways, i was gonna recommend the Blackvue DR750X-3CH Plus for those who want front, rear, and interior cameras, but it looks like it has been discontinued, but all of Blackvue's products are pretty good and their app works fairly well
In Texas, the state police (on the rural Interstates) look for a reason to pull you over, especially in a dry county.

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 21 F150 XLT 3.5
I do have dual cameras in my cars. Currently Viofo 2K (A129) and an older system Spytec A119 with UV filter.

I watched countless hours of footage and read numerous reviews, Viofo / Spytec were my best options price vs performance at the time they were ordered.

I consider cameras cheap insurance, especially in KY, there are drivers looking to get hit so they can sue you. They disable brake lights, willfully pull out in front of you, ect.

Video removes all questions or doubt.

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado

That law also does not apply to dash cameras in CA. I bet all of those states have specific laws for dash cams at this point.

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Featuring the Starvis 2 sensor.

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
FYI... there is a 3rd dash cam now using the Starvis 2 sensor.
Vantrue N4 Pro (not to be mixed up with the older Vantrue N4)

I have never heard of this brand before.
Anyone have any experience with the older models?

https://www.vantrue.net/product/n4pro

vantrue%20N4%20pro%20(1_1).png

Playlist of company N4 Pro demo videos:
N2 Pro had great reviews.