• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
It is jaw droppingly gorgeous in person. Ford had it positioned next to their Mustang GT3 and the two looked near-identical. The GTD has an unmatched presence for a road car.

ALSO, noticed this thing has limo tint, and come to think of it, I don’t think there are any pics of the interior online? So I shoved my phone against the glass to peak through and we can see they’re using the same Recaro buckets from the GT350/500—the same ones that should’ve been in the DH. But I digress. They’re unbranded/unembroidered, so maybe just placeholders. These typically have the badge on their headrests.

S650 Mustang Spotted Mustang GTD at Daytona! Photos & Impressions IMG_0321

Meanest face. Hands down.

S650 Mustang Spotted Mustang GTD at Daytona! Photos & Impressions IMG_0320

S650 Mustang Spotted Mustang GTD at Daytona! Photos & Impressions IMG_0319

Like a tank.

S650 Mustang Spotted Mustang GTD at Daytona! Photos & Impressions IMG_0317

Seriously, it looks like a weaponized military vehicle.

S650 Mustang Spotted Mustang GTD at Daytona! Photos & Impressions IMG_0316

Imagine this with a racing livery driving on public roads. No other current road going car gets this close to mirroring the GT cars. The price sucks, but also, it makes sense when you think about the tech and feature set. Basically buying a turn key race car, made pretty, and road legal… and more powerful.

S650 Mustang Spotted Mustang GTD at Daytona! Photos & Impressions IMG_0318

Insane aero from the hood (blocked off with some kind of white board). I’ll insert a couple pics I took of a GT3 with its hood open; the GTD likely matches what’s going on under the hood with its track-only twin to some degree.

S650 Mustang Spotted Mustang GTD at Daytona! Photos & Impressions IMG_0261

S650 Mustang Spotted Mustang GTD at Daytona! Photos & Impressions IMG_0259

S650 Mustang Spotted Mustang GTD at Daytona! Photos & Impressions IMG_0323

The headlights look extra squinty because they’re stuffed inside such meaty and overextended set of bodywork.

S650 Mustang Spotted Mustang GTD at Daytona! Photos & Impressions IMG_0322

Nice touch to the badge. I had to touch the grille mesh on this car when no one was looking because it looked so precision cut; that stuff is solid as a rock. Can’t be plastic. I could barely make it flex!

S650 Mustang Spotted Mustang GTD at Daytona! Photos & Impressions IMG_0325

Noticed these little nubs on the upper outer edges of the lower intake. 🤷‍♂️

S650 Mustang Spotted Mustang GTD at Daytona! Photos & Impressions IMG_0324

Thing has, like, four lips up front. I like how the edges flick up into a dive plane.

S650 Mustang Spotted Mustang GTD at Daytona! Photos & Impressions IMG_0326

Borderline NSFW.

S650 Mustang Spotted Mustang GTD at Daytona! Photos & Impressions IMG_0327
Michelin CUP 2 R rubber.

S650 Mustang Spotted Mustang GTD at Daytona! Photos & Impressions IMG_0328

Really nice nickel/ finish to these wheels. If they were candy I’d take a bite. Speaking of food, dinner plate-sized rotors with freakish calipers fill up everything behind those golden spokes.

S650 Mustang Spotted Mustang GTD at Daytona! Photos & Impressions IMG_0331

PEZ candy exhaust is questionable.

S650 Mustang Spotted Mustang GTD at Daytona! Photos & Impressions IMG_0335

Huge ducts above the trunk.

S650 Mustang Spotted Mustang GTD at Daytona! Photos & Impressions IMG_0329

Big Wang to match the GT3’s in the back. #BigWangGang

S650 Mustang Spotted Mustang GTD at Daytona! Photos & Impressions IMG_0332

The rear fenders aft of the back tires actually have channels for air to pass through! Hard to see here, but one of the coolest surprises . Such a badass aerodynamic feature.

S650 Mustang Spotted Mustang GTD at Daytona! Photos & Impressions IMG_0334

These tips are the only detail I’m not crazy about. This thing would be an 11/10 with four big honking blunderbusses out back instead. The PEZ candy pieces need to go. 😤

S650 Mustang Spotted Mustang GTD at Daytona! Photos & Impressions IMG_0337

Why doesn’t the DH get these seats?

S650 Mustang Spotted Mustang GTD at Daytona! Photos & Impressions IMG_0330

S650 Mustang Spotted Mustang GTD at Daytona! Photos & Impressions IMG_0333

Every detail is high quality.

If Ford released something along the lines of this without all of the unobtanium materials and technology, and for under six figures, I’d sell a kidney or testicle to get in line tbh.

S650 Mustang Spotted Mustang GTD at Daytona! Photos & Impressions IMG_0327
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
It is jaw droppingly gorgeous in person. Ford had it positioned next to their Mustang GT3 and the two looked near-identical. The GTD has an unmatched presence for a road car.

IMG_0259.jpeg
Look how low momma sits 👍🏻😎

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Interior looks very similar to s650 from what can be seen 🙂

GT0038

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT/sold :(
I wonder if they will be changing the rear aero of the GTD after what happend this weekend with the GT3.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Probably not in any major way, the GTD wing is already very different from the GT3 due to not having to follow the regulations on areodynamis. For instance the GTD wind has active aero for its wing while the GT3 is a static component.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
It looks like we might be getting the rotary shifter again. :frown:
It's a transaxle paddle shifted gearbox. Only thing we would need is a rotary switch, and thats only if regulation demands it.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Very nice analysis. Somewhere along the way, this thing has gone from being disappointing due to the price, into becoming one of my ultimate dream cars.

Mark my words, this car will go down in history as the highest peak we achieved with ICE muscle cars. The only disappointing thing is I don't know how Ford can ever improve on this.

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Somewhere along the way, this thing has gone from being disappointing due to the price, into becoming one of my ultimate dream cars.
Exactly! I was a big hater when they dropped this on us. Turns out, this is the thing that fills the poster car void I haven’t satisfied in ages.

If I’ll never be able to afford one, it might as well be extra badass and extra appealing, and extra racecar-ey. 😤

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Exactly! I was a big hater when they dropped this on us. Turns out, this is the thing that fills the poster car void I haven’t satisfied in ages.

If I’ll never be able to afford one, it might as well be extra badass and extra appealing, and extra racecar-ey. 😤
Agreed, even if I can't afford it, at the very least it's a badass poster car. You made a point earlier that I agree with completely, that Ford should take some elements of this design, lose a lot of the high tech bits, and carbon, and use them on the next gt500 or something.

Imagine this engine, and design on a 80k car.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
that thing is absolutely stunning in actual lighting and not the nonsense blue/purple/whatever Ford puts on their shows. im willing to bet that getting parts for this is going to be just like the 2017-23 Ford GT. proof the vehicle is in the shop, proof of ownership/registration, and all that. a shame, because i love those brakes and would 100% put those on my Dark Horse if i could

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
" I had to touch the grille" haha that cracked me up, but hey I follow you. It looks really sharp and edgy. Unfortunately only a dream car looking at the price tag.

And yes, the infamous Recaros debate. I wished they had some modifications in the Gen7, but it is what it is...

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang

ALSO, noticed this thing has limo tint, and come to think of it, I don’t think there are any pics of the interior online? So I shoved my phone against the glass to peak through and we can see they’re using the same Recaro buckets from the GT350/500—the same ones that should’ve been in the DH. But I digress. They’re unbranded/unembroidered, so maybe just placeholders. These typically have the badge on their headrests.

IMG_0321.jpeg

Meanest face. Hands down.

IMG_0320.jpeg

IMG_0319.jpeg

Like a tank.

IMG_0317.jpeg

Seriously, it looks like a weaponized military vehicle.

IMG_0316.jpeg

Imagine this with a racing livery driving on public roads. No other current road going car gets this close to mirroring the GT cars. The price sucks, but also, it makes sense when you think about the tech and feature set. Basically buying a turn key race car, made pretty, and road legal… and more powerful.

IMG_0318.jpeg

Insane aero from the hood (blocked off with some kind of white board). I’ll insert a couple pics I took of a GT3 with its hood open; the GTD likely matches what’s going on under the hood with its track-only twin to some degree.

IMG_0261.jpeg

IMG_0259.jpeg

IMG_0323.jpeg

The headlights look extra squinty because they’re stuffed inside such meaty and overextended set of bodywork.

IMG_0322.jpeg

Nice touch to the badge. I had to touch the grille mesh on this car when no one was looking because it looked so precision cut; that stuff is solid as a rock. Can’t be plastic. I could barely make it flex!

IMG_0325.jpeg

Noticed these little nubs on the upper outer edges of the lower intake. 🤷‍♂️

IMG_0324.jpeg

Thing has, like, four lips up front. I like how the edges flick up into a dive plane.

IMG_0326.jpeg

Borderline NSFW.

IMG_0327.jpeg
Michelin CUP 2 R rubber.

IMG_0328.jpeg

Really nice nickel/ finish to these wheels. If they were candy I’d take a bite. Speaking of food, dinner plate-sized rotors with freakish calipers fill up everything behind those golden spokes.

IMG_0331.jpeg

PEZ candy exhaust is questionable.

IMG_0335.jpeg

Huge ducts above the trunk.

IMG_0329.jpeg

Big Wang to match the GT3’s in the back. #BigWangGang

IMG_0332.jpeg

The rear fenders aft of the back tires actually have channels for air to pass through! Hard to see here, but one of the coolest surprises . Such a badass aerodynamic feature.

IMG_0334.jpeg

These tips are the only detail I’m not crazy about. This thing would be an 11/10 with four big honking blunderbusses out back instead. The PEZ candy pieces need to go. 😤

IMG_0337.jpeg

Why doesn’t the DH get these seats?

IMG_0330.jpeg

IMG_0333.jpeg

Every detail is high quality.

If Ford released something along the lines of this without all of the unobtanium materials and technology, and for under six figures, I’d sell a kidney or testicle to get in line tbh.

IMG_0327.jpeg
Thanks for sharing these photos with all of us!

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
$300K exterior but still has the $30K interior.
Sponsored