• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 is out there somewhere, isn't she?

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Great post amk. Maybe the lack of insiders is due to Ford clamping down on leaks? More stringent NDAs?

To your comment about a glimpse, was it a glimpse at a potential exterior design or something entirely?
Sponsored

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Great post amk. Maybe the lack of insiders is due to Ford clamping down on leaks? More stringent NDAs?

To your comment about a glimpse, was it a glimpse at a potential exterior design or something entirely?
Thanks, I wasn't finished LOL! Had to edit some things lol.

I believe this, especially under the two Jims, being pissed at how the Ranger and Bronco got leaked.

What I saw? Engineer working on a fully rendered CAD or something like it. Looked similar to that Chinese concept sculpture and AutoCar rendering. At the time, Ford was done designing it for sure and were working on engineering aspects.

He no longer works for Ford though and my other source, is more F150/Expedition/SD and secondhand to T6 stuff. Knows little about Mustang, outside of basic internal info.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thanks again @amk91 amazingly insightful posts!

I really do think Ford are clamping down hard. Do you recall CJ Pony Parts' video when they claimed a source had told them the Mach 1 was coming for the '21MY and even mentioned the Tremec gearbox from the GT350? I'm so glad I actually got to watch that video as within 48 hours CJ PP had removed it. I can think of no reason for this to happen other than Ford came down hard on them. It's ironic because, to me, that meant the info was correct!! I even messaged Bill but he would neither confirm nor deny Ford had requested the video was removed. A company like CJ needs a good working relationship with Ford, so I guess it was in their best interest to comply.

Similarly, TFL Trucks had a cease and desist from Ford for one of their spy shot videos.

I think you are correct in that, in the vast majority of cases, the spy photographers are fed information about when and where prototypes will be. Perhaps that works for both parties now, but I think its time we dropped the "spy" from their job descriptions!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Thanks again @amk91 amazingly insightful posts!

I really do think Ford are clamping down hard. Do you recall CJ Pony Parts' video when they claimed a source had told them the Mach 1 was coming for the '21MY and even mentioned the Tremec gearbox from the GT350? I'm so glad I actually got to watch that video as within 48 hours CJ PP had removed it. I can think of no reason for this to happen other than Ford came down hard on them. It's ironic because, to me, that meant the info was correct!! I even messaged Bill but he would neither confirm nor deny Ford had requested the video was removed. A company like CJ needs a good working relationship with Ford, so I guess it was in their best interest to comply.

Similarly, TFL Trucks had a cease and desist from Ford for one of their spy shot videos.

I think you are correct in that, in the vast majority of cases, the spy photographers are fed information about when and where prototypes will be. Perhaps that works for both parties now, but I think its time we dropped the "spy" from their job descriptions!
Even before that video everything they said in it was heavily rumored. It didn't feel like anything they said in it was "new", just adding a "we have been told its true".

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
You probably saw that Ford revealed details of the revised California Special and new Stealth package for the '22MY. Order banks are scheduled to open on Monday. To me, this is a significant milestone, as I'd expect Ford would want to receive initial orders for the '22MY before we see the first S650 prototype, the assumption being some might hold off a '22MY order if they know there's a new model coming in a year.

Also, reading on a different forum, one member (who works at another plant) questions whether S650 will actually be built at Flat Rock, or if it would be built elsewhere. Flat Rock is certainly under utilized now that Fusion and Continental are no longer built there, so Mustang is its only product. This would go against the last UAW agreement that stated that Flat Rock would be "an all-new Mustang". But plans change. It's certainly something to consider.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
My guess, based on absolutely nothing, is that the biggest changes will be with the interior. The Mach E, whatever else might be said about it, has a noticeably sleeker and higher quality interior than a gt premium. My guess is that the new mustang interior will be very similar since it is easier to “radically” change the inside than the mechanical components
I would love this, as long as the screen is either horizontal, or the 12" square. I really do not like the vertical screen setup in the MachE

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang
The Mach-e dash, instrumentation, and info screen are the main distractors to an otherwise very nice looking vehicle. The Info screen especially looks too much like a Tesla. It needs to be integrated into the dash instead of looking like a tablet/laptop that was just attached. So, I hope the s650 Mustang won't copy the Mach-e. Hopefully, the Mach-e will copy the Mustang.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Every morning I log on, hoping to finally see an S650 spy shot. And every morning I feel like a kid at Christmas.........when Santa forgot to drop off the presents!

We've seen '23MY Super Duty spy shots. We've seen '23MY Ranger spy shots. We've seen '23MY Escape spy shots!

I really hope we get to see S650 spy shots by the end of the year or I'm going to have to stop believing in the big guy in a red suit :crying:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I think Ford is just doing a good job hiding the S650. Maybe they have really good mules that are just looking like S550, just like the possible AWD prototype with changed brake setup. If they wouldn't have added the camo wrap and put the cables under the body, the car would be absolutely incognito on the streets.

I am sure they have a really good marketing plan leading up to the reveal. They managed to keep the 2018 refresh design absolutely unknown until reveal, so maybe they will try that again.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
It was spied even a bit earlier in October 2016, after that they tried to hide the new tribar design more 😅

But the Mach-E was spied in production body only very few months before the reveal. Just looked it up again it seems like it was first seen in late August 2019 with the official reveal in November 2019. So maybe we won't even see the S650 before summer