• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The Mustang was getting too round, bubbly and bulbous again like the 2013-‘14’s did. Time for some edges, lines and angles. 😉 That is usually the cycle, classic styling and soft lines then edges and sharp angles.

Inspired directly by the 1968 and 1969 models. The wide grill has me thinking we will see some 1970 cues eventually. 🥰

The GT or ST is SICK!!! Totally feels like a modern 1969!!!
Sponsored

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
That fender badge doesn't look like it says 5.0:idea: i think this is the ecoboost model looks like it says 2.3 on the fender ohh wow if this is the 4 banger then what the GT PP look like?
To me it looks like it’s a rectangle badge. Maybe the 5.0/GT badge changed. With this and the other leak, I’d be surprised if the GT got the smaller grill.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I'm really surprised how many people don't like this front end, I think it looks great. It does have a big downward slope/low headlights that i need to see it from another angle, but I am pretty hyped now.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The S650 will make S550 owners feel like S197 owners did in 2015. 😉 The S550 will feel dated before the 1st S650 Mustang is produced. Just based on photoshops alone…

We have been here before and it’s not going to change. As soon as you see the entire car and what they are trying to do, you will probably ask “why didn’t they do that in 2015?”

…the target MSRP did not support the technical changes and the fans were not ready for the leap forward. Just wait… you will see.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I guarantee you won’t feel like that for long… 🤣🤣🤣 Man you should have been here in 2013. 🤣🤣🤣
You don't even have to go that far back. Just look at the Nissan Z forums. This time last year people were lamenting the large front grille. Now, everyone's like "how dare you make it smaller".

'Tis the cycle. And the guys warning to hold on to current gen are the funniest part of all this. They usually end up with new gen 2 years later. :cwl:

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
You don't even have to go that far back. Just look at the Nissan Z forums. This time last year people were lamenting the large front grille. Now, everyone's like "how dare you make it smaller".

'Tis the cycle. And the guys warning to hold on to current gen are the funniest part of all this. They usually end up with new gen 2 years later. :cwl:
I noticed a couple of funny things. Everyone is complaining about the grill size on the gt, even though the grill itself isn't that big, there's just a contrasting black section under it like Jem described, kinda like what we see on the gt500. I also find it hilarious that a lot of the people complaining about the base s650 being too restrained are also the type of people complaining about the gt being too agressive, which is what they said they wanted. Those same people will own an s650 a year after it comes out lol. Then when the s750 is released, they'll scream how the s750 can never surpass the s650, and how the s650 was the best car ford ever made. The cycle is always the same.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
This time last year people were lamenting the large front grille. Now, everyone's like "how dare you make it smaller".
I'm firmly in the "way to BUTCHER the Z car" camp. They didn't murder it enough with the Z300 and they had to come back for another round...

Ford would have to dramatically improve the workings of the car (beat the pants off the Camaro SS/1LE) for me to close my eyes and hold my nose long enough to buy a S650 given these reveals. Leaving aside the '67-72, the mustang has always looked like hot garbage until the S197 showed up. The S550 was used to beat the S197 with the 'less bull, more slick' stick.

I'm with the "Ford designers have totally lost the plot by becoming Toyota. Time to dig up the 70yr olds who used to know how to do 'art' with sheet metal, and send the kids and their damn computers and manga cartoons packing" camp.
Sponsored