• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Can someone stick a camera under the front end and get us some front diff picks? halfshafts?
Is it same set up as Aviator / PI Explorer?
Sponsored

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I thought a AWD Mustang was ruled out a long time ago.
Personally I'm still hoping that it's just an "Unavailable at Launch" deal, especially if Europe is supposedly getting a hybrid version in 2025 or so (I'm just trying to remember what I've read about it on this forum---this isn't me trying to make stuff up).

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The bumper definitely dropped. Still canā€™t tell if the hood line was lowered too but if so, then the engine might have been lowered as well. Same wheelbase, shorter front and maybe even rear overhangs. The greenhouse is the same from the B-pillar up but, seeing they are hiding the ā€œfastbackā€ tells me it has been updated too.

I am thinking the body panels make the 2024 appear more compact while sitting on the same wheelbase. To keep the greenhouse proportions balanced with a leaner body the B-pillar back may have some new lines to flow with the new edges on the body.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Any "insight" news regarding testing without that heavy camo around?
Any new news or details regarding the Coyote or performance versions?

It's been a while and I hate waiting :D

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Zero news or leaks. I suspect Ford's NDAs now have people fearing for their jobs.

All we really have are spy shots, two leaked photos and then, most recently, Ford's confirmation the 7th Gen is coming.

When will we see it revealed? Could Ford give us something during the Woodward Dream Cruise? Probably unlikely. The Detroit Show? That's a possibility. However, that's August and September respectively and Ford will still have the '23MY to sell (if the '23 is a roll-over S550).....so they might want to bank orders for the '23MY (order banks open September 14th) before showing the '24MY S650.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Zero news or leaks. I suspect Ford's NDAs now have people fearing for their jobs.

All we really have are spy shots, two leaked photos and then, most recently, Ford's confirmation the 7th Gen is coming.

When will we see it revealed? Could Ford give us something during the Woodward Dream Cruise? Probably unlikely. The Detroit Show? That's a possibility. However, that's August and September respectively and Ford will still have the '23MY to sell (if the '23 is a roll-over S550).....so they might want to bank orders for the '23MY (order banks open September 14th) before showing the '24MY S650.
On the upside, the amount of time Ford is taking in revealing the thing gives me the opportunity to become a well know, douchebag influencer, and hopefully, convince Ford that I should be allowed to drive one and "review" it for the general public (other douchebags).

Stay tuned for because_murica's review of the 7th Gen Mustang ya'll. Thanks.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
On the upside, the amount of time Ford is taking in revealing the thing gives me the opportunity to become a well know, douchebag influencer, and hopefully, convince Ford that I should be allowed to drive one and "review" it for the general public (other douchebags).

Stay tuned for because_murica's review of the 7th Gen Mustang ya'll. Thanks.
Does this mean we'll get a YouTube video with precisely one minute of actual S650 footage, except it's at the end of a 10-20 minute video of rehashed info? And a clickbait facecam reaction and title on the thumbnail of said video to increase views?

I'll make sure to like, comment, and subscribe if you do! šŸ˜

(On topic: I like how in the TFL video, the driver of the camo'ed Mustang isn't having any of it and drives away from TFL the moment they see them.)

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Does this mean we'll get a YouTube video with precisely one minute of actual S650 footage, except it's at the end of a 10-20 minute video of rehashed info? And a clickbait facecam reaction and title on the thumbnail of said video to increase views?

(On topic: I like how in the TFL video, the driver of the camo'ed Mustang isn't having any of it and drives away from TFL the moment they see them.)
Driving a Ford provided by Ford to market a Ford and he comes across a Ford to create clickbait about Ford.
Just sayn...

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE

Yes to all.

I'm a man of my word

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Driving a Ford provided by Ford to market a Ford and he comes across a Ford to create clickbait about Ford.
Just sayn...
*Lots of unnecessary arm waving*

And yea guys, check out that sweet Escape Hybrid over there. It's based on the same internal cumbustion technology as this dope Mustang........

*Cue montage of base Escape Hybrid*

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The more I see, the more it looks a whole lot like an s550 and in another leak, even s197. I would hope they arenā€™t out of ideas so badly as to go back s gen or two. Hopefully some of the leaks are not representative and the camo is responsible for s550 similarities.

so far, Iā€™m afraid it looks like they are not really engineering much change to the platform and instead are using a lot of polyurethane to make it LOOK like structural elements have changed. But it appears to be just facade.

Really hoping Ford went much further than these leaks suggest.

This is the mustang after all. Not the Camaro, not some distant competitor. This is the American icon love around the world. It needs to not just be good enough. It needs to be great.
Sponsored